..And most of you have probably seen my signature about the Schecter Damien Solo Elite.

But recently I came across this:
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1891.html

It's a really hot guitar, lol.

So both of these guitars are $500, and I can probably get $50 off the Schecter from this store by my house.

I'm curious to find out which one is the better deal.

Here's the link to the Schecter:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Damien-Solo-Elite-Electric-Guitar?sku=584543

Now, I know that the Agile has a similar neck profile to my Dean, and I know the Schecter is a little thicker and wider. I like both neck profiles, so that doesn't matter to me.

I am aware that one is a set neck and the other is a bolt-on. I almost prefer bolt-on's to set necks.

The main differences I can see between the two (besides shape) is the hardware, Schecter uses TonePros and Agile uses "improved Nickel-plated" hardware, and the Schecter has a rosewood fingerboard and the Agile uses ebony. I have no preference for one or the other, but I've heard that ebony is brighter sounding.

I don't really prefer one shape to the other, I like them both.

I really like the blue flamed maple top on the Agile, and I've been leaning toward the dark metallic blue on the Schecter. I've always had an eye for blue guitars...

So which would be the better value?
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Jul 8, 2010,
Agile makes great guitars, but the Schecter wins on this one. I love my Schecter. Its become my main axe.
Quote by Matt420740
Agile makes great guitars, but the Schecter wins on this one. I love my Schecter. Its become my main axe.

That's what I've been thinking. I mean, the Agile is super pretty and dolled up and everything, but I think the lack of brand-name hardware kinda holds it back for me. The Schecter is a bit more straight forward...

@supersac

I wasn't asking which one you liked more.
Consider that the Schecter would have a better resale value if you ever want to sell the guitar.
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Schecter

24 Frets
Better Hardware
Better Resale Value

Agile

Ebony Fretboard
Binding (If you care about appearance)
Real Mother of Pearl Inlays

I'm hopefully getting the Agile by christmas but it's personal preference anyway hope you enjoy whichever one you get though ^_^
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Minor differences, but you might like the string thru body style of the Schecter better (I would, it's just more practical); on the other hand, you could do the wrap around trick with the stop bar on the Agile.

Also, the Schecter has a 25.5'' scale length vs. the 24.7'' (?) of the Agile, so the latter will feel a bit looser with the same string gauges.
The Schecter has one less control to tinker with/worry about, and the volume knob is slightly closer to the rear pickup, so better suited for those volume swells with the pinky.
Quote by Tinderwet
Minor differences, but you might like the string thru body style of the Schecter better (I would, it's just more practical); on the other hand, you could do the wrap around trick with the stop bar on the Agile.

Also, the Schecter has a 25.5'' scale length vs. the 24.7'' (?) of the Agile, so the latter will feel a bit looser with the same string gauges.
The Schecter has one less control to tinker with/worry about, and the volume knob is slightly closer to the rear pickup, so better suited for those volume swells with the pinky.

I've never owned a stop bar guitar, this'll be my 3rd guitar. I have actual preference for string-thru or stop bar.

I'm aware of the scale length, I'm pretty sure it's just a typo on the Agile. My Dean has a scale length of 24.75" so there really wouldn't be any change. The 25.5" would be a bit nicer for when my band plays in Drop C and Drop Db, though.

I was thinking about that extra tone pot... it would be kinda nice.