Hey, i was scrounging through ebay yesterday. I came across a "store" that sold inlay stickers. They look really cool. And i had never heard of them before then. Has anyone had any experiences with that product? Does anyone have it on a guitar?
THALL
all i know is that stickers + guitar = bad.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by myevilside

+1
Team Coco
Quote by myevilside

Thats what i was thinking. It says they wont get caught on your fingers when playing. But im thinking the strings will scratch them off. :\
THALL
I don't like stickers on my guitar, but a friend of mine put stickers over the inlays on his SG copy. They didn't really get in the way. As long as they remain stuck, it shouldn't cause any problems.

He's had them for years, doesn't look like they've ever come off. The thing is, it might be hard to stick them to a rosewood fretboard, especially if it's got a bit of grime on it. Make sure your 'board is clean before sticking.
Last edited by sashki at Jul 8, 2010,
I have them on a guitar and they work really well, they dont peel off if you bend and dont affect anything, its as if it was an actual inlay.

But Peel off the protective cover on them first before applying them, that protective layer will come off if you bend or something and its confusses you bad.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
sounds like a bad idea

edit: they are targeted for noob guitarists that don't worry about the guitars playability
i put smiley faces on my fret board, my friend hearts. we both play metal.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by fancypants1
sounds like a bad idea

edit: they are targeted for noob guitarists that don't worry about the guitars playability

Awww But they look so cool!
THALL
Quote by fancypants1
sounds like a bad idea

They dont affect the Guitar Playability, they are ment for a quick cheap job if you dont wanna spend the cash for new inlays being routed in (300-500 Bucks) or buying a new neck (Anywhere from 100-900 Bucks there depending on who and the specfics)

You can bend and everything with them and they stay in place. They just dont look as good cause 1). You probably are not measuring and centering it when you put them on and 2). Nothing beats a real mother of pearl inlay or abalone inlay.

Honestly If I could I would get the real inlays so they stay for longer and look better and are centered better, But if it was a cheap job I wanted done and a guitar then I would go for the Inlay Stickers.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
They have Space Invader inlays, if I had a shitty guitar I didn't care about I might buy those
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by mattman93
They have Space Invader inlays, if I had a shitty guitar I didn't care about I might buy those

those were actulally the ones i was going to get XD And put them on my bc rich kkv !
THALL
ITT: people who havn't used them.

I in fact have the cross inlay stickers on my jackson, and they don't peel, they look awesome, and to people thinking "strings will scrape them off", the string doesnt touch that part of th fretboard, it touches the frets, they are very thin, and need practically a razorblade to get it off, they stay n for a VERY long time and how would stickers affect playing? It wouldn't end of. Even if they came off after like...3 years...it's only like 8 bucks to buy new ones. I'd say absolutly go for it, I don't regret getting mine in the least.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
there's a store beside me that sells these things, most of their floor models have them equipped on the fret boards too. All i can say is that these don't really affect playing (unless you feel every little bevel in the string and bump in the wood), they look pretty cool and they are a pretty damn effective alternative to having a new inlay done on your guitar.

Make sure that they actually are the real deal though and not just an actual sticker as an actual sticker would screw your pretty little fret board up. The real ones are like 0.05mm or something abnormally thin like that i cant remember how thin exactly but meh
i reckon they are a good buy if your sick of the dots
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Thanks for all the input. Are there any suggestions on what i should get? Im thinking the gold bats.
THALL
Look up Creative Cuts on eBay. His are the quality stuff
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
I would put the Space Invaders ones on my classical guitars because it looks boring without anything on it
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
these come off right? i might buy the ying yang ones for my mim strat, if i dont like them i want to be able to take them off
Are you talking about creative cuts? I tried them out and they started peeling at the edges much sooner that they say they would, but it didn't affect how I played it at all.