Didnt exactly take an albumfull of pictures, but you've seen it all before, so I'm just showing the important stuff.

It's a white Ibanez S7320, which they stopped making in 2008. I got white because I am so tired of having black guitars. White pops out and gets noticed at a metal show. I have a black 8 string so a 7 string with the same paint job isn't my highest interest.

I bought it for 100 dollars less than a black one would cost me (on account of it's 2 years old and has been sitting in a warehouse that whole time). Came with a free case and the usual fixins.

First impression went something like "sheyyyit this thing needs to be tuned" and tuned it. I have owned an Ibanez S series guitar before so i am used to the ZR trem, but regardless, i spent a good 30 minutes trying to get this thing to tune properly. i finally got it close to perfect, locked the nut, and fine tuned to get it right. So, from step 1 I knew it needs new tuners.

So, once in tune, I noticed the action was a little high. All i did was lower the ZR into the body and fine tuned, completely solved my problem. great action from this guitar with maybe 5 minutes of work, compared to most guitars I've owned thats a blessing.

The frets were rough and had a little bit of buildup on the exterior. The strings were also old and worn. So I went to Guitar center for strings, and Home Depot for #0000 steel wool and some painters tape. I removed all of the strings, covered the wood on the fretboard with the painters tape, and sanded the frets with the steel wool. After removing the tape, I conditioned the board with AxWax, restrung and took an hour to tune.

The guitar played like a dream after that, as if it were brand new. I inspected the body for any other flaws while I was at it...and I noticed this

Basically it either looks like the neck is slightly tilted up or the trem is just barely in the wrong place. The strings are all shifted maybe 2mm higher than they should be. I'm debating whether this is good or bad though. It's bad because it is an obvious flaw, but it's good because I now have more space to hit the E string with. I rarely if ever go past the 12th fret on the low B string, so I don't see that as a big problem.

As for the pickups, these are hands down the best stock pickups i've ever played. I get a great great great tone from them. It's god a lot of kick in the mids and highs. The low is a little week but workable.

Overall
Pro's
- great action and feel
- great tone
- light, thin body
- eye-catching finish
Con's
- tuners don't do crap
- i'm not used to the 25.5 scale yet
- the whole string alignment thing

So, is it worth keeping in your opinion?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Well if you set it up that well keep it!

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by gregs1020
can you post a pic of it at the nut?

congrats and that's weird.

why do you need a pic of the nut?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by rtfk101
why do you need a pic of the nut?

because that could be what's putting the strings off kilter broski. if you like it like that it's all good, otherwise maybe a new nut would line things up better.
i dont think thats the problem. as you go up the neck the strings correct themselves, and at the nut, the low B and high E are equal distances from the edge of the board.

and for that much of an offset, i think the nut would be hanging off the guitar
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Looks like the neck has shifted in the pocket. If you loosen the strings and then the neck screws you should be able to shift it back so the strings will line up.

Also HNGD! White Ibanez 7 = Win
Quote by littlephil
Looks like the neck has shifted in the pocket. If you loosen the strings and then the neck screws you should be able to shift it back so the strings will line up.

ill try that next time i decide to waste an hour re-tuning.

Which brings up another thing: replacement tuners?
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by rtfk101
Which brings up another thing: replacement tuners?

Pretty pointless, its got a locking nut.
Quote by littlephil

Looks like it, given the pronounced misalignment relative to the PU route.

I'm not sure how that will fix it. Maybe it would, but it's bolted.

rtfk101, I hope you get it sorted out!

Quote by littlephil
Pretty pointless, its got a locking nut.

but it takes forever to tune, and it sometimes goes out even with the nut, just because of the tension differences
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
beautiful guitar, but seems like u got urself quite a project on makin this guitar play like a beauty
Eh.
Quote by rtfk101

I bought it for 100 dollars less than a black one would cost me (on account of it's 2 years old and has been sitting in a warehouse that whole time)

wow whats the shop?cause most shops dont give discounts for new old stock..(unless they want to get rid of it ofcourse)

Quote by littlephil
Looks like the neck has shifted in the pocket. If you loosen the strings and then the neck screws you should be able to shift it back so the strings will line up.:

how does that happen?

BTW HNGD
Quote by rtfk101
but it takes forever to tune, and it sometimes goes out even with the nut, just because of the tension differences

If the nut is locked, new tuners wont do a thing. It could be that the nut isnt locking properly, or the trem isnt returning fully. Does it have the ZPS bar in the back? Taking that out usually helps tuning stability on ZR's/Edge Zeros.

Quote by Ippon
I'm not sure how that will fix it. Maybe it would, but it's bolted.

If you undo the neck screws it should be able to move a bit. Not a lot of lower-midrange guitars and even some high end ones will have a really tight neck pocket, there should be some room to fix it up.

Quote by archenemyfan
how does that happen?

If it wasnt aligned properly when the guitar was assembled it could be out, or even just if the neck screws arent tightened fully it could shift over time.
Quote by littlephil
If the nut is locked, new tuners wont do a thing. It could be that the nut isnt locking properly, or the trem isnt returning fully. Does it have the ZPS bar in the back? Taking that out usually helps tuning stability on ZR's/Edge Zeros.

well i'll mess with it a little bit, but I still think its the tuners. When I tune my low b string, as i let go of the little peg it will spin back a little bit. I mean these things don't belong on a squier. I know the nut is there but I don't even plan on using the whammy bar much at all, so I would rather not even have it locked. That's why I'm asking more than anything.
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
That does sound like a problem then, they shouldnt be spinning back when you let them go.
Even if you dont use the trem at all it'll stay in tune longer with the nut locked, and bending could cause some problems because the strings wont easily slide through the unlocked nut like they would a normal nut.