I'm kinda casually into the Ramones at the moment, and then started looking at buying some albums, put their name into iTunes (I'm not actually planning to buy from iTunes, I just use it for an easy reference, I like having the actual CD), but the results were a little overwhelming, I had no idea where to start. So can someone point me in the right direction? Or is this just one of those rare cases where a greatest hits record would be my best bet and then branch out from there? Thanks
In order of popularity I'd say it goes

1. Self-titled
2. Rocket to Russia
3. Leave Home
4. Probably a tie between Road to Ruin and Too Tough to Die (get both)
5. The rest

Incidentally, 1-4 are the albums I have. I need to get the rest!
Last edited by werty22 at Jul 8, 2010,
Ha alright, thanks for the quick response guys, I'll look into the self-titled record and Rocket to Russia for now, and move on from there, thanks!
I need to get Too Tough to Die. Werty keeps hyping it up, and I love Road to Ruin, so if it's on par with that I definitely gotta grab it.
I'm gonna own all their albums at some point - something I'm doing more for the novelty than the fact that I think every album is going to be amazing. Anyway, go in werty's order.
The self-titled is absolutely phenomenal. They're all very good, actually. Very consistent band.
Yep, I have all the studio albums and they're all great.

If you're going to go with a comp, pick Ramones Mania, because it's got all the accessible songs on it.

If you want stuff from the first 3 albums, I'd recommend It's Alive. It's a live album, but the quality is very good.

My favourite album is Leave Home, I think.
Yeah, Self titled and Leave home are two very good albums.

I'd also recomend 'End of the Century'. minus the ****ing up the Phil Spector did in some of the songs, it is actually quite an enjoyable CD.

then there is the general 'Compilation' albums, of which I would recomend 'Greatest Hits' as it has about 21-22 of their greatest songs (Albeit it's kinda hard to say what is their best, they've had so many).

Live album, I agree with BrianApocalypse, It's Alive is definately the better of the two.

happy listening bro =)
Quote by :Vicious--
banned cuz you have succesfully wasted my time. you must pay

Quote by Metal Axe
Banned because you may waste my time

Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because yes, you may waste my time.

May I waste your time too
All of them.

But if only one, definitely self titled. Then Rocket to Russia, then Road to Ruin.

It's Alive as well.
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Jul 10, 2010,