Page 1 of 2
http://springwise.com/lifestyle_leisure/ultimerealite/

"Kidnapping", "Manhunt" and "Go-Fast Adventure" are all among the standard services Ultime Réalité offers, but it's open to special requests. Through the company's simulated kidnapping packages, for instance, the participant is abducted without warning—after leaving a restaurant, say, or in the supermarket parking lot. Paying "victims" are then bound, gagged and imprisoned for four or 10 hours (depending on the scenario they choose), allowing them to experience the terror of the real thing. Additional elements such as ransom, escapes and helicopter chases can also be involved. Manhunt packages, meanwhile, can last either one or two days, with the option to play the role of either hunter or prey. Then there's the Go-Fast Adventure, where participants take the role of a drug dealer smuggling cargo on the high seas. Finally, a recently added "extreme" package allows clients to wake up on an autopsy table in a morgue, surrounded by corpses and body bags. Pricing on a basic kidnap package is EUR 900.

Anyone else think a lot of this stuff would be fun as hell? (in the fear and adrenaline type of way) I'd love to do the manhunt as prey, personally.
Finally, a recently added "extreme" package allows clients to wake up on an autopsy table in a morgue, surrounded by corpses and body bags.

What.
The.
Fuck.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
That sounds like there's plenty of room for something to go horribly, horribly wrong.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
If you're interested in that sort of thing, you :

A) Are a bored rich person
B) Aren't personally familiar with any of the awful things those entail
C) Are a moron.

Sorry if that's offensive.

On second though, no, I'm not.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
This sounds amazing, as long as I could give a bunch a cheesy one-liners every time something significant happens.
why would you pay to go through something like that? and how could you take it seriously when you know it's not real?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Bingt
what's the fun if they tell you what's gonna happen? :\

I'm pretty sure you choose your experience, pay them and receive no further details, they do the rest whenever.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by funkbass369
why would you pay to go through something like that? and how could you take it seriously when you know it's not real?

I really like the sound of the pure sense of adventure and adrenaline this would hit you with, but I'm not sure I would be able to take any of it seriously
Quote by mattman93
I'm pretty sure you choose your experience, pay them and receive no further details, they do the rest whenever.

That's a terrible idea. What if you someone got kidnapped for real after paying for that?

Or even better - carried a knife or gun and stabbed/shot one of the fake kidnappers thinking it was real
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
I would imagine that there are some people who, if they were put in this situation, they might end up killing one of the actors in an escape attempt, or at least injure them.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I think it sounds fun. All you guys thinking it's sick, is only for those who are bored and rich, think it would be impossible for them to take it serious need to stop judging.

The point is for thrill seeking. There has never been so much thrill offered. Scary movies, scary video games and virtual reality cannot compare to this. I think that there are some precautions such as the kidnappers have to wear a certain article of clothing to show they're not the real thing as well as camera surveillance is on the target at all times is fair.

I'd do it. No, I'm not a sick, rich and a bored individual. I think there should probably even be an instance in which you're given a paintball gun and have to escape a bunker w/ plenty of people trying to capture and/or kill you and those people would stop once you shot 'em since they're being paid and it isn't like regular paintball.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

Knowing me, I'd snap someone's neck in a getaway attempt thinking it's the real thing and not something I payed WAY too much for...

I think it's a dumb idea...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
I think the manhunt could be fun, since it's not horrendously terrifying. It's like airsofting with friends, only they're not your friends and you're paying ludicrous amounts of money for them to shoot at you.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
This sounds like a fun prank to pull on your friends. Invite them all camping and then all of a sudden, "RUN GUYS THERES PEOPLE WITH GUNS AFTER US AAAHHH!"
love is love // return to dust
One thing I have always wondered is how well I'd get on if I was in a real police manhunt, where they were absolutely desperate to catch me.

A Bourne Ultimatum type scenario, where you have a crack team dedicated to finding you. I'd love to do that with an hours headstart.
i just don't see the appeal. i'm not much of a thrill seeker though.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by SgtSquiggles
One thing I have always wondered is how well I'd get on if I was in a real police manhunt, where they were absolutely desperate to catch me.

A Bourne Ultimatum type scenario, where you have a crack team dedicated to finding you. I'd love to do that with an hours headstart.

Oh my god, yes.
love is love // return to dust
Just like... yes... that movie, y'know?

THE GAME.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 8, 2010,
Manhunt as the prey would be fun, the rest is ridiculous.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Vox VT-20+

Quote by tancanada
This sounds like a fun prank to pull on your friends. Invite them all camping and then all of a sudden, "RUN GUYS THERES PEOPLE WITH GUNS AFTER US AAAHHH!"

FASTER TOM RUN!!!!!!!
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by kazetuner
Manhunt as the prey would be fun, the rest is ridiculous.

Exactly. This is the only one I would ever pay to do.
Think of how cool it would be to end up with them dudes coming in the middle of the night, and having to do what ever you can to survive.
I wonder if they have programs like that here in the states.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
would 'manhunt as hunter' consist riding through the forest with an atv and a dart rifle? cause I could definitely go for that.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I read about this in a newspaper a few days ago.

I'd definitely like to try something like this.
Quote by iantheman
would 'manhunt as hunter' consist riding through the forest with an atv and a dart rifle? cause I could definitely go for that.

now this would be cool.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I practice parkour and this would be absolutely great for being prey in manhunt.
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

I've heard of this. Would probably be a good thrill, but somehow the only people I see doing this are bored rich people.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

There was a Castle episode revolving around a company like this, but this is the first real one that I've heard of.

I don't feel like I would be able to put down that kind of money for this though
GTA: IRL ?

I like the idea of manhunt and the druglord thing but the kidnapping thing seems like it would be so planned that there would be no thrill in it. And, as Cheesecake said, there's plenty of room for error on the company's end. During a man hunt, what if the prey gets lost in a forest or is shot by some cop who doesn't know this is all some sick game for the customer's "enjoyment"?
Pfft. I can get kidnapped for free by wearing a short skirt in a bad neighbourhood.

But seriously I can't imagine this being much fun...like, the "Manhunt" thing seems pretty cool, but if you think about it...you're paying people to play hide and seek with you. Why not get some friends toghether, buy some airsoft gear and spend a weekend doing that shit!? A lot easier, and probably funner, considering you're with friends and you aren't however much out of pocket.

The kidnapping thing sounds pretty stupid, unless you want to do it as "training" or whatever just in case you get in that position, or if you're into that shit sexually.

That extreme thing seems a bit stupid...it's like..."Pay us to lie down near some dead bodies". I can go to the cemetary with a shovel and do that shit for free.
Page 1 of 2