Its almost my birthday and i am getting an amp beacuse the one im on now can make guitars louder. and thats all it can do. its like a baby farted when you use pedals and ect...

im thinking i will go for a tube amp but seen as my budget is around or not much more than 100-120 GBP imnot sure if this is possible. i am quiet opposed to any hybrid or modelling amps as they appear to be usefull if you play metal or want a gigantic practice amp... i played my friends Vypyr and it was good but there was something cold and clinical about it (no warm tones ect (IMO)).

ive stopped going on now . and suggestions and i would be gratefull
Quote by Stugg334
I just started writing a metal solo, and so far I have:

*Hit Lead Button On Mesa*
*Spread legs to width of 160cm*
*Perform facial expression akin to that of having a woodpecker chip away at your rectum*
*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
hehe baby farts.

with your budget the vyper might be the best bet honestly.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
i know its not much of a budget but i get 12 GBp a week from a paper round xD. money is slow for me so yeah im guessing either one of those would actually be good. i might see what i can do to boost my budget a little hough =). thanks btw

EDIT: btw anything is better than the amp i have so im sure any new amp will be music to my ears (pardon the pun). when i play gigs and stuff i get loaned a blackstar stack thing form the local dawsons =). sexy it is, dawsons help provide for the event so there are nice thijngs there.
Quote by Stugg334

*Perform facial expression akin to that of having a woodpecker chip away at your rectum*
*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
Last edited by JAM SAXON at Jul 8, 2010,
I got a marshall valvestate 80W for £150 if you can stretch it a little more, they are real good amps and will do you for most gigs quite well, it would have to be a used one though as they are not made anymore, so give ebay and gumtree a try.
Gotta Love Rock N Roll
Actually, any valvestate is pretty good, its not all valve but it much better than solidstates.
Gotta Love Rock N Roll
sounds good actually. hmm ill scan the ebay right now =)!
would it work well if i bought like a roland cube and then bought a pedal with valves in?

EDIT: im also lloking at that vox now
Quote by Stugg334

*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
A pedal with valves isn't going to make your amp sound more tube like.
Besides, if you can afford a pedal with valves, then you could probably afford a more expensive amp than 100 GBP.

Look at the Vox VT15, much better than the DA5.

I think you're worrying too much about "tube tone", as it seems you're a beginner, or at least intermediate guitarist who may or may not have a true grasp of the tone they're looking for.
A modeling amp is nice, because you can sample a lot of different tones and see what you do like.
i can say that you are right about me being obsessed with the tube tone. im used to getting a good tone using my pedals see beacuse my amp is so shocking (literally sometimes xD), this means im not so good with getting my favorite tone from an amp. but yeah the first time i used this blackstar thing i meantioned earlier itwas easy to get a pleasurabl one from before i had even fired up my boss SD-1 and vast array of delay reverb and overdrive crap
Quote by Stugg334

*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)