I have a budget for a bass between 300-400 dollars and I can't decide on what kind I want. Anyone have any suggestions for what I should check out?

Me and my band play all types of metal music with a couple acoustic songs thrown in here and there.
Last edited by blubolt09 at Jul 8, 2010,
Squire VM Jazz Bass I think thats about $300-$400 but im not sure... Good quality bass though
Quote by SamWhiteBASS
Squire VM Jazz Bass I think thats about $300-$400 but im not sure... Good quality bass though

Agreed, sturdy as hell and mine plays like a dream!

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
If you don't want a bass that screams noob, oops i meant squire, then try getting a used mexican fender precision or jazz bass.
Quote by DamienDaBaller
If you don't want a bass that screams noob, oops i meant squire, then try getting a used mexican fender precision or jazz bass.

Do i smell fail troll...?

Anyway, in my experience squire vintage jazz bass, sonically was more pleasing than fender MIA jazz.

And OP, if you want more precise suggestions to look at - do tell about your playing style/music you play/ect. else just check FAQ...
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Quote by DamienDaBaller

The VM Jazz is pretty much the same standard as a MIM...There is nothing wrong with playing a squire. You are spending extra money on a second hand guitar paying for the name if you buy a MIM over a VM in my oppinion...
If you want the best value for money, second hand VM, Mabye $250? Plenty left to spend on effects and whatnot
Well what are you playing on now? What amp do you have? And do you want a 4 string or a 5 string? Those details will help us narrow things down for you quite a bit.

Right off the bat though, I'd say look for a second hand Ibanez SR (one of the mid-level ones), a Traben Array Attack, or a used Traben Array Limited or Neo Limited
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Well what are you playing on now? What amp do you have? And do you want a 4 string or a 5 string? Those details will help us narrow things down for you quite a bit.

Right off the bat though, I'd say look for a second hand Ibanez SR (one of the mid-level ones), a Traben Array Attack, or a used Traben Array Limited or Neo Limited

+1
They are nice basses, my friend has one i played a few times, really good quality for the price