So as the topic title implies, I'm thinking about buying a used tube amp (a Rockerverb 100 to be specific). The craigslist listing says the amp is a bit beat up, though from the pictures it appears to be cosmetic and nothing that really concerns me. However, I want to make sure that whatever caused the external damage didn't also mess with anything important, so I'm wondering what I should check out when I see the amp in person.

I've been told to check the tubes, as well as the tube sockets to make sure they don't wiggle. Is there anything else?

Thanks in advance!
play it at volume, test all the controls/switches etc. basically the same thing you would do at a store but remember there is no warranty here so you need to be sure.
Oh okay, so if everything sounds good it should be fine? Seems easy enough. The local GC has a Rocker 30 in stock, I'll probably go play it tomorrow to get it fresh in my head how it should sound.

Worst case though, say I buy the amp and a month later something goes wrong, how hard/expensive would it be to just get fixed?
Well compared to buying new with all tax included I'll probably get it for about $1000 less, I guess the real question is: Is it possible for the thing to be beyond repair, or if something goes wrong am I looking at maybe $200 max? Still doesn't sound like a horrible rate to me.
it's not likely but i suppose it's possible. i've never heard of a tube amp failing such that it's beyond repair really.

just make sure it works well. listen for crackles or noise, test the amp thoroughly.

any amp can have a problem at any point. just make sure you test it at volume etc.
Alright, thanks a bunch for your help! I'm sure I'll be able to tell if it's making odd noise when I play it.
i wouldnt compare the tones of a rocker 30 and rockerverb 100, its like comparing a dual and triple recto, yes they should sound alike, but do they no
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
Ah alright, I won't bother with that trip then. Sadly that's the closet thing around here to being able to try one out, but I suppose I've heard lots of sound clips online.
its ok, i actually assumed the same thing out of the rocker 30, rockerverb50 and 100, i prefer the tones from the 50, the natural channel is perfect, breaks at the best spot, and the dirty channel is the same, and i love the midrange madness from a british amp, if im correct the rockerverb 50 and 100 also use different tubes, its a tad late and i cant be positive, but they have completely different tones, either way an orange will be a rocker
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
You're correct, the RV50 has 6V6s while the RV100 has EL34s (switchable to 6L6GCs, KT88s, or 6550s). Though it looks like both the 50 and 100 in the MKII series use EL34s now.

Regardless, is the difference really that huge? It's next to impossible for me to try one before I'm about to buy it so I want to make sure I make the right choice.