Hey guys. So I've noticed that my EQ has been acting up lately and it seems like the volume slider is the culprit. There's a subtle crackling/staticky noise even when left at 0db and it gets worse when i turn it up.

is there anything I can do about it? I could open it up but I seem to have a bad habit of breaking things when I do so I'm waiting for a second opinion. Any thoughts?
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
You're not talking about clipping, or hiss, are you?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Yeah it's not the hiss. It's more like the crackle you hear when you eat rice crispies.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Have you tried spraying contact cleaner in the slider?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Holy Necro bump.

I have the same type of crackling noise. Gone when you turn it off. Anyone run into this? I don't have any DSO's at home to use.
Take it to someone who can repair it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I actually saw a lot of people complaining about this when I googled it. Everyone just threw it out. I'd like to find the root cause of it. I may bring it my my main office sometime and run through it with an O-scope. Ton of noise. Should be easy to find with correct diagram.

Sucks finding time to do it though.