I am definitely ready for a new amp. I've been working with a crappy Epiphone Studio 15R amp for far too long. The Bugera V22 has everything I want: Tubes and a lower price. However, reviews seem to be mixed about the V22. I play rock, metal and punk and do a lot of jamming with my band and play at home too. Is this the right amp for me? Thanks UG.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Lefty
-Epiphone Les Paul Special II Lefty, name's Sonny =)
-Danelectro CM-1 Metal Pedal
-Danelectro CC-1 Chorus Pedal

I've been playing since Summer '09
i have not really played the V22, but ive heard clips on youtube (it is your friend) and they all sound pretty awesome. It will defiantly be good for rock/punk, but lacks enough punch for metal. i found i could get some really awesome led zeppelin-y sounds from it.

the clean sounds are also great.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by rushpython
i have not really played the V22, but ive heard clips on youtube (it is your friend) and they all sound pretty awesome. It will defiantly be good for rock/punk, but lacks enough punch for metal. i found i could get some really awesome led zeppelin-y sounds from it.

the clean sounds are also great.

Thanks. Does anyone know how these sound with pedals?
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Lefty
-Epiphone Les Paul Special II Lefty, name's Sonny =)
-Danelectro CM-1 Metal Pedal
-Danelectro CC-1 Chorus Pedal

I've been playing since Summer '09
Depends on what you want, tonally. If you play classic rock and like metal tones like Iron Maiden's, the amp will work for you well. If you are after more gain, you can boost it. If you want a modern metal tone, it won't cut it and you should look at the 6262 or 333(XL) instead maybe. But if your main focus is rock, it's a nice amp. I liked it when I tried it and for the price it really is impressive.