I can Spend $500 maybe $600, But I'm hoping to Save $100 for something else.
I'll list some bands that I play, and You guys tell me what you think I should buy.
Black sabbath,
Slayer,
Megadeth
Killswitch engage,
Job for a cowboy.
All that remains
Atreyu.
I have until september to think about it, so I'll be reading some reviews on the amps you guys can suggest.
Last edited by Jimboner23 at Jul 8, 2010,
6505+ 112 will do the br00tz but it won't be good for much else.

The Vypyr Tube 60 is great and versatile... if you saved up some more you could get a Jet City Amps JCA50 or JCA100.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

The Vypyr Tube 60 is great and versatile... if you saved up some more you could get a Jet City Amps JCA50 or JCA100.

i got an epic iron maiden tone from it so
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
most people are gonna hate me for saying this, but the line 6 spider4 75 watt is great. most people say that it sounds fake or whatever but i disagree immensely. ive played on a bunch of good amps from marshalls to different fenders but the line 6 still amazes me. you can get the most brutal tones to really nice clean ones. so you might wanna try that one out at a guitar store. hope that helps!
Is the valveking 112 combo a good amp? I was thinking about getting one last year, but I read a lot of bad reviews so I didn't get it.
Last edited by Jimboner23 at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by grahamrocks917
most people are gonna hate me for saying this, but the line 6 spider4 75 watt is great. most people say that it sounds fake or whatever but i disagree immensely. ive played on a bunch of good amps from marshalls to different fenders but the line 6 still amazes me. you can get the most brutal tones to really nice clean ones. so you might wanna try that one out at a guitar store. hope that helps!

do you know what a tube amp is. cause fender fm and marshall mg's are not worthy of the brands name
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by grahamrocks917

Yeah you can get the most brutal tones from the insane channel. Its so brutally insane its not even funny. So much more brutal on your ears than that marshall's "Crushing overdrive".

BUT if you want good advice,

Quote by Raijouta

/rig
Quote by Raijouta

+1

The Jamacian knows best
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by grahamrocks917

Really hope you're not one of the guitar center fags from Peoria, IL.... they piss me off to no end. (Flores music all the way!!!)

Comparing solid states against solid states is like comparing vomit against shit.

Please, follow the previously mentioned advice about a used 6505+ 112 once you go tube, you never go back.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
I bought a 6505+ 112 a while ago. As others said, teh br00tz are awesome.

The cleans aren't great, but with my Digitech Digidelay (meh..) and Electroharmonix Cathedral Reverb (**** yes!) I can get some nice tones. The cleans by themselves are pretty bland and hard to keep clean (the amp has so much gain XD) without rolling your volume back, but with some nice reverb/delay/chorus pedals it's decent.

If you're looking for br00tz mainly, and don't really mind the cleans (without pedals) I'd recommend it.