Hi guys!
I recently bought a 1987 USA 62 RI stratocaster body and a 50th anniversary 62 RI japanese neck.. But when i try to put them together it requires a bit of force to get the neck to fit into the neck pocket... would this mean I would have to file down the neck pocket? The body is also 2 piece could it split the body in half?

Thanx,
Mike
how much force the neck should be kinda a tight fit
but if its not the correct size dont put it in
A tight neck pocket is a good thing as long as it doesn't crack the wood from being so tight.

Ormsby (sp?) holds his guitars to the standard that the neck pocket is so tight that it can hold the guitar body without it being screwed on or glued in.
^ haha ok.. yeh its pretty much that tight.. Its starting to loosen up abit now anyways from taking it out putting it in several times.. should be ok

thanx guys
Quote by striker327
^ haha ok.. yeh its pretty much that tight.. Its starting to loosen up abit now anyways from taking it out putting it in several times.. should be ok

thanx guys

This is normal if it's her first time.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You could take some course grain sand out the neck pocket a touch to make it fit a little better. I'd probably do that.
I'd just leave it as it is. A tighter pocket is only ever a good thing. Better contact means much better tone and sustain.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
definitely a good thing. if you can get the neck in, it's alright. make sure you press the neck in from the top straight down, not sliding it in from the side.

EDIT: plus i know that MIJ, MIM, and USA fender stuff is all very slightly different in their specs. not always a bad thing, but thats probably the reason for the very tight fit. but like i said if it's tight you're fine, if it's impossible it might take some sanding. don't worry about splitting the body
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Jul 9, 2010,