Hi All

Ive been looking at http://www.guitartrader.com/

Cause they ship to New Zealand and are still way cheaper for some stuff than getting it here...

But... They have a tick box saying...

"I understand that the product(s) I am purchasing are U.S. models and may have power requirements different from that of my country."

Which has got me all paranoid?

Will this pose a problem?

Thanks
No, most pedals run on 9vDC, so if you've got an adapter there will be no problem at all. If you're getting an adapter or a power supply from the US, then there will be a problem.
Im mainly looking at their MXR pedals, as MXR is totally over the top expensive over here, to get a 10 band eq Im look at 320 bucks lol.
Ah crap lol

Lol cant you buy power socket converters at airports n shit? Would that work?
If you get a Dunlop DC Brick, they can be used anywhere, so you could buy one from the US. There are some sellers on ebay that will give you 10% off a DC Brick if you buy any MXR/Dunlop pedals.
You should be able to find an 18v adapter at any decent electronics shop though.
Quote by Stildawn
Ah crap lol

Lol cant you buy power socket converters at airports n shit? Would that work?

they just change the actual plug fitting, not the voltage that the device is wanting
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'd take a T-Rex Chameleon over a Dunlop DC Brick any day.

Cleaner power, isolated outputs...

Are they switchable to 240v though?
I'd take a BBE Supacharger over both, its basically a Voodoo Labs PP2 clone, but half the price, and switchable.
Ah that Brick looks good... And I can use it to power my other pedals to it seems... Still that too costs a fortune in NZ lol. 300 bucks lol.
Quote by forsaknazrael
This is true. They don't ship the cable for that though with the unit, unfortunately. I don't think so at least.

That's how it is for my Voodoo labs.

+1 bbe does not ship a y cable for 18v.

i just bought a supa charger a few weeks ago and love it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I dont think they do either.

EDIT:

Quote by trashedlostfdup
+1 bbe does not ship a y cable for 18v.

i just bought a supa charger a few weeks ago and love it.

Thanks for clarifying.
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 9, 2010,