Page 1 of 3
Right now I work doing oil changes but when I bought most of my expensive pieces of gear I was a pizza delivery dood.

What do you guys do for monies and how much is your gears?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
I have a savings account that a certain percentage of my paycheck goes into every 2 weeks that I use for gear. Also, it helps to know how to hustle deals. Usually you can get stuff pretty cheap from starved college kids.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
to make money
i give guitar lessons and gamble
once i put them together and bet my student he couldnt learn a solo in a month
im a great teacher terrible gambler
Quote by cdr_salamander
Also, it helps to know how to hustle deals. Usually you can get stuff pretty cheap from starved college kids.

Omfg +1 bro

Got my 5150II Head and Line 6 Spider IV 4x12 (shitty, but worth something) all for just $800.

In regards to the OP.. I'm 16 and do alot of shit around my house resulting in $80 a month. I still get decent birthday/Christmas money too ($150). This is all USD of course.

Other than that, some odd jobs here and there. Feeding friend's cats for $30 while hes away.

I just jump at every opportunity i get to grab some cash (besides selling drugs, rofl)

Also, DLing albums helps me cut costs.

Figure I'll wait till i get a job to start saving, until then its all going to my gear.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Wow you guys spend ALL of your cash on your gear? I've had the same gear for at least a couple years... :S

Btw to Dakorob; what's wrong with a line 6 cabinet? for the most part a cab is a cab, its the head that really makes the difference.
Last edited by Necronomicon at Jul 8, 2010,
i wait until christmas and my dad buys my gear.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
call up the old grandparents =] new ESP Eclipse II STBC for my birth day =D
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
i sold a racecar to buy my gear but ended up puttin too much into my other two racecars and got crappy cheap gear....but my guitar playing gets me no money and the racecars gettin my income every race
I have a full time job, in which I do in exchange for monetary compensation.

I'm guessing thats the answer nearly everyone is going to respond with.

Oh and to answer the second question, my "gears" are worth around 10k all up
Quote by Necronomicon
Wow you guys spend ALL of your cash on your gear? I've had the same gear for at least a couple years... :S

Btw to Dakorob; what's wrong with a line 6 cabinet? for the most part a cab is a cab, its the head that really makes the difference.

Good question, the speakers in it are not up to my taste, but i figured i can sell it for like $175 or so to one of my ignorant friends. (muahaha)

The way i see it, the 5150 II was worth $700 alone, so I'm making a small profit.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Engineering gigs. It means I dont have to work very often but when I do its worth quite a bit of money to me. I've got a festival spot coming up doing FOH. About $2500 for 5 days work.
Rest of the time I sit back and be a lazy student.
i sell crack to john. john sells crack to the kids.

for your sake try not to think about the total cost of my gears.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jul 8, 2010,
My "Budget", when I get teh jobs, when i turn teh 16z, would be 1/3 guitar, 1/3 vigigames, 1/3 savings.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Jumping at every work oppertunity I get.

And going broke.

Money's tight when you decide to drive an old Chevy that gets 10MPG and needed new tires

Oh, and about $2500
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I've got a job now but I used to do all those odd jobs around the neighborhood a sub 16 yr old can get without a work permit, ie house sitting, walking dogs, lawn care, etc. I usually get $500-$1000 for my birthday/Christmas every year that helps too.

Unfortunately I've been spending way too much on my car lately to buy anything big. I just trade my stuff around and try to profit on stuff.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I starve myself and go without electricity to cut back on bills so that I can get new gear.
/rig
i arrest guys like John and Min to pay the bills.

then collect moneys from them on the side, to pay for my extra gears.

i also invented triscuits. so the money just pours right in.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

thank you for making the garlic ones.
Quote by jj1565

im sure i have bought some of your gear then for you.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by gregs1020
thank you for making the garlic ones.

you. are. welcome.

^and i thank you! cha-ching!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I mainly trade around a lot waiting to benefit myself into "bigger" equipment. I've experienced Boogie, Rivera, Peavey, Agile, Epiphone, Fender, Schecter in my short time playing. I've had 9 guitars and 5 different amplifiers in about 2 and half years.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I got like 4 scholarships when I graduated from High School. One and a half covers University tuition, all the rest gets sent to me in a check. That gives me a ton of money. I save that, though. I don't want to waste it 'cause my GPA is steadily declining and I'll lose my scholarships soon :P

When I was 13 I took all $500 from my savings account and invested in US Bonds. Upon bond maturity it'll be worth $1,000 (another year or so. Wheee!). I suspect I'll spend every cent of that on gear.

I build computers for friends/family of friends. I take their desired specs, make an invoice of how much the parts will cost, and tack on an extra 10% for profit. Business isn't exactly booming... but it's a nice couple hundred bucks every once in a while. (Couple hundred 'cause I'm a nerd and hang out with nerds who want super-duper mega gaming computers, so I take 10% from like a $2500 PC)

I find money anywhere, really. I've been told I should convert to Judaism.
Last edited by Seref at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by NosralTserrof
My "Budget", when I get teh jobs, when i turn teh 16z, would be 1/3 guitar, 1/3 vigigames, 1/3 savings.

I wouldn't hire you.

Just sayin'.

I'm going to be 18 in 2 months, and I've been looking for a job for 3 years, with no success.

So, I do what I can for gear. I fix computers for my friends and their parents when I can, and when they can afford to pay me. Other than that, I take advantage of holidays, really. I almost always buy used. If I buy new, it's because I have a discount/I'm trading something in for credit.

Also, I literally don't buy anything besides gear, except for CD's. I have a CD collection that's growing nicely.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by Darkflame
^I just turned 20, I've had my 2 jobs since before I was 18

I'm really jealous of you. I think it has a lot to do with where I live combined with the state of the economy though... and my luck, I guess. It's extremely frustrating. Being a musician without money is like... I don't know. Being a cocaine addict in jail I guess.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Oldmonkeys
does some rough mental calculations....

psh you has a wizard.
I work at a liquor store. Im the guy behind the cases of beer. WATCHING CHU BUY BEER FOR 8.50 A HOUR
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
College Kid. Lucky enough to have my parents pay for tuition and books. I bartend for money 3 nights a week. On a good night I make around $300 (tips + wage).

Also, try to find good deals (don't snub guitar center for used gear sales. I found my HR Deville for only $350, and it was a made in USA model!)
Craigslist is every musicians best friend. Just saying. I run into deals on there that sometimes make me wonder what the hell is going on in the posters life that he has to sell it so cheap for. The other day I found a Vox AC30CC2 for $500 that was actually reposted by him lowering it from $550.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Read GC and Sweetwater catalogs while using the toilet. The smell turns it into a sort of aversion therapy.
Like most people I work hard at a 40 hour a week job whilst simultaneously gigging with the band etc.

I have all the gear I want now practically. I have to save for a van for the band so that will take a while anyway

After that I would like a local luthier to custom build me an instrument. PRS style single piece mahogany body and neck(Original 1987 ibanez wizard spec ) with 24 fret ebony board, maple top (Can't decide between quilted or flamed maple). Bareknuckle Warpigs with a 5 way super switch, series wiring in positions 2 and 4) Ibanez ZR-2 Trem. Transient black finish on top, natural mahogany on the back(Matching headstock) and Gold hardware, bindings and fret wire.....

I think that is going to break my bank when the time comes
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Yes, 1 singular Wizard. you on the other hand have a bazillion amps

you know what's sad, crazy, rain on your wedding day...

I wanted to try out a wizard but they retain their value so well that it was cheaper for me to get a slo...

the cheapest wizard I ever found was about 600 dollars more then I paid for my slo.
Page 1 of 3