love your sig, OP

I've heard alot of "ew" and some "meh" about this amp.

Really nothing special apparently.

You might as well be asking if a Marshall MG100 halfstack is good for Metal and unfortunately the answer is "HELL ****ING NO!"

Edit: Then again this is coming from a guy whos never played the amp but is familiar that it is on of those cheap GC brands and has read reviews. As for the MG100, I have experianced that amp (as much as i wish i hadn't). Look for a good used tube amp man, trust me.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Last edited by DakoRob at Jul 8, 2010,
no the raven gear isnt very good. I would stay away from anything raven.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
TS if you are talking about buying a new amp I suggest posting a budget. It would help a lot.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Ah crap. What about the B52 SS stuff?

EDIT: My budget's about 600 at the most
love is love // return to dust
At that budget defintely look at the bugera 6262 combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJRhreZmCU

This guy has the best review of the amp you will find on youtube.

From my experience it is a ****ing awesome amp and will nail any metalcore tone you are after. If you're also interested in cleans this amp will deliver this quite well aswell. My only advice is if you are planning on buying this amp, replace the cheap stock tubes and possible rebias the amp to earn it's full potential.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Last edited by Adam124 at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by tancanada
Ah crap. What about the B52 SS stuff?

EDIT: My budget's about 600 at the most

6505+ 112 or Vypyr Tube 60.

You're not going to get a good half stack for under 600 dollars brand new.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
they're not good amps, you may have heard hype about them for the reason that its a guitar center brand, but they're not good
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Adam124
At that budget defintely look at the bugera 6262 combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJRhreZmCU

This guy has the best review of the amp you will find on youtube.

From my experience it is a ****ing awesome amp and will nail any metalcore tone you are after. If you're also interested in cleans this amp will deliver this quite well aswell. My only advice is if you are planning on buying this amp, replace the cheap stock tubes and possible rebias the amp to earn it's full potential.

I've been considering these, but the only thing that's holding me back is the fact that 333's are cheaper. Are 333's comparable to the 6262?
Quote by tancanada
I've been considering these, but the only thing that's holding me back is the fact that 333's are cheaper. Are 333's comparable to the 6262?

The 333 is voiced slightly different and is more versatile. Personally I would take the 333 over the 6262 they both have ample amounts of gain
Quote by tancanada

Afaik the 333 is based on the Peavey JSX while the 6262 is based on the 6505+
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Alright I'm sold then, I have a buddy selling his 333 head and cab for 485 Thanks!
another victim to half stacks dunno why people feel the need to get a large ass halfstack when they are going to end up having to stuff it in a little toyota for gigs or band prac.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Skagasm
another victim to half stacks dunno why people feel the need to get a large ass halfstack when they are going to end up having to stuff it in a little toyota for gigs or band prac.

What else do you expect me to gig with, a practice amp?
Quote by tancanada

are combos practice amps?
The only other thing I have is a Spider III 75W, and I mean I guess I could gig with that but I dunno.
I had an RG75 combo and RH150. They were both great amps for the money (used) and will do metalcore.

Oh, and you'll want the G3plus version if you can get it.
Last edited by 667 at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by tancanada

a combo amp is by no means a practice amp, and most places that allow hardcore music mic your amp, its not like your going to be cranking 120 watts in a 4x12 at the local venue. a good 50-100 watt combo with variac switching is perfect. portable, loud as hell(tubes are louder than ss), i personally like the way everything reacts together in a combo. but if you need a big huge amp to take up space go for it. but when you have a gig or band prac and you cant fit a drum set, bass gear, 2 guitar rigs in a car than youll be saying damn wish i listened to skagasm.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by tancanada
Alright I'm sold then, I have a buddy selling his 333 head and cab for 485 Thanks!

Great deal, congrats! You'll be much happier with that than you would have with either of the amps you asked about or the Marshall you had before. Good luck on the tour

Quote by zakkwyldefan79
You're almost right. The 333 is based on the Peavey XXX. The 333XL is based on the JSX.

Ahh I had thought before that the 333 was based on the XXX but then heard it was the JSX, I must have gotten my wires crossed. Thanks for clearing that up
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jul 8, 2010,