So I'm gonna be going to college soon and was wondering what type of longboards you guys recommend for cruising around campus. At this point I'm not interested in downhill racing or speed, just cruisin'. I was looking for something for around $150-200. I know Sector 9 and Apex make decent cheap longboards, but I was wondering what you guys thought/recommended. Thanks
This is for the moon, Ty Cobb!
Oh Noez Its Teh End Timez!
I got a Honey Rogue, it's a little out of your price range, but it's a great all-around ride. Real smooth, fun to ride.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by witchhammer
So I'm gonna be going to college soon and was wondering what type of longboards you guys recommend for cruising around campus. At this point I'm not interested in downhill racing or speed, just cruisin'. I was looking for something for around $150-200. I know Sector 9 and Apex make decent cheap longboards, but I was wondering what you guys thought/recommended. Thanks

At least around my hometown, you can pick up decent Sector 9 completes for $160-ish. I wouldn't be too concerned with customization right now, go pick up a nice complete. Should be just fine.
Sector 9's are cheap but they're good for just cruising around.
If you want something a little more fun though you're gonna want a Loaded/Original/Rayne, etc.
Quote by DontPushMongo
Sector 9's are cheap but they're good for just cruising around.
If you want something a little more fun though you're gonna want a Loaded/Original/Rayne, etc.

+1

love my Loaded Dancer
i made my own board out of a wallmart board and cut it, its pretty short and small, but i got some 70mm big zigs off ebay, my recommendation is get really good wheels and get a cheap board
Don't buy a sector 9.

You can find better cheap boards. Look at Earthwing decks or BC Longboards. Both make awesome inexpensive decks.

Trucks, get Paris 180's. Buy venom bushing, and either get some Orangatang or Abec 11 wheels, with any abec 7 bearing.

You can get that all for around 200 and it would be amazing...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Bmag37
I'm getting the Sector 9 bamboo Burleigh in about a week. It's just so godamn sexy.

http://www.rdcshop.com/index.php?action=itemdetail&item_id=101526

Personally don't like flexy boards. I have a Never Summer Heist and it just isn't for me. My buddy makes decks though, it's pretty wild. He'll sell you a deck for 80 plus shipping and it will be as good as any other birch board (so pretty stiff).
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
http://www.gravityboard.com/pages/gstore/boards/bl30.html

I have that one, and I love the way it rides. Solid, not flexy, somewhat short, and a nice tail provide for a good amount of control that I couldn't seem to get with longer boards. That's not to knock it of it's cruising ability. Just pop on some good wheels and some Reds and it'll ride easy.

Also, I recommend buying from here: http://www.muirskate.com/
I'm not trying to advertise for them or anything, but I got my board from there when they were still at my campus at UCSD. The owner is really nice and extremely knowledgeable on basically any sport with a board, so he's really helpful. Also, I bet if you told him someone referred you to the store he might throw in something for free--that is, if you call in.
Last edited by burndttoast at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by burndttoast
http://www.gravityboard.com/pages/gstore/boards/bl30.html

I have that one, and I love the way it rides. Solid, not flexy, somewhat short, and a nice tail provide for a good amount of control that I couldn't seem to get with longer boards. That's not to knock it of it's cruising ability. Just pop on some good wheels and some Reds and it'll ride easy.

Also, I recommend buying from here: http://www.muirskate.com/
I'm not trying to advertise for them or anything, but I got my board from there when they were still at my campus at UCSD. The owner is really nice and extremely knowledgeable on basically any sport with a board, so he's really helpful. Also, I bet if you told him someone referred you to the store he might throw in something for free--that is, if you call in.

I agree with this. They only ship in the states. If you are in Canada use Switchback Longboards.

And don't get a loaded, they are overpriced. There is a BC longboard equivalent to most loaded's for half the price, and you can add custom graphics.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Quote by witchhammer

I sent you a PM about it already, but I'll sell you my Honey Rogue if you like. It's got Paris trucks and green BigZigs. It's a great board, but I'm just not into longboarding anymore. PM me back if you're interested.
EDIT: This one looks kind of like mine.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jul 9, 2010,