As a service project I have to do for school, I'm working at the Ohio Historical Society filing news paper clippings related to historic architecture and stuff. I did it yesterday and I learned pretty quickly that filing clippings about historic architecture isn't quite as fun as it sounds. In fact, its one of the most boring things I've ever done. Ever. And tomorrow I'm going to have to do it again. For 8 hours in a row. Luckily, I'm allowed to listen to music while I'm doing it. So I'm trying to come up with a list of albums to listen to. I want entire albums I can listen to, start to finish, without becoming bored. Genre doesn't really matter, so long as its not soft metal or hard rock. I'm looking for more relaxing stuff than that, something that will help me resist the urge to jump out the window (something I was about ready to do several times yesterday). So guys, any ideas?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Electric Tears - Buckethead
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Electronic/Industrial music is great background music for that sort of work. I recommend the Nine Inch Nails Ghost I-IV album. It is two hours of instrumental music in a variety of styles.
Anything Post-Rock. Seriously. I'll put a list of bands up in a sec.

Edit: Here ya go

Godspeed You Black Emperor
Mogwai
Explosions in the sky
God is an Astronaut
This Will Destroy You
Mono
Sigur Ros
Yndi Halda
Mum
65DaysofStatic
Red Sparrowes

Alternatively, for epic ambient/experimental stuff:

Boards of Canada
Aphex Twin
The Album Leaf
Ulrich Schnauss

vvvv Exactly what this man says
Last edited by archerkoala at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by Echoplex
Electronic/Industrial music is great background music for that sort of work. I recommend the Nine Inch Nails Ghost I-IV album. It is two hours of instrumental music in a variety of styles.

Definitely this.

Also classical music.
Quote by amaranth_todd
Definitely this.

Also classical music.

Classical music annoys me for some reason. And whoever suggested post rock, thanks I didn't think of that. And maybe I'll listen to some ambient. Maybe some Eno.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Damnation- Opeth
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Quote by archerkoala
Anything Post-Rock. Seriously. I'll put a list of bands up in a sec.

Edit: Here ya go

Godspeed You Black Emperor
Mogwai
Explosions in the sky
God is an Astronaut
This Will Destroy You
Mono
Sigur Ros
Yndi Halda
Mum
65DaysofStatic
Red Sparrowes

Alternatively, for epic ambient/experimental stuff:

Boards of Canada
Aphex Twin
The Album Leaf
Ulrich Schnauss

You could throw Radiohead's Kid A in there, even though those aren't the band's primary genres.

Quote by Mackawade
Damnation- Opeth

Excellent album (I just need Still Life and Deliverance and I have all the Opeth CDs.)
Last edited by Echoplex at Jul 8, 2010,
Colors-Between the Buried and Me
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by Echoplex
You could throw Radiohead's Kid A in there, even though those aren't the band's primary genres.

Yeah I considered mentioning Radiohead, and Porcupine Tree as well. Both very good "Album" Bands
Quote by archerkoala
Yeah I considered mentioning Radiohead, and Porcupine Tree as well. Both very good "Album" Bands

I was thinking about Boards of Canada, but I can't really get into there stuff. Whats a good album?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Howl - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
B.R.M.C. - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
F♯A♯∞ - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Eyedazzler - Alison's Halo
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by afterthewar
I was thinking about Boards of Canada, but I can't really get into there stuff. Whats a good album?

Check out High Score, The Campfire Headphase, and BoC Maxima, specifically the songs Roygbiv, Aquarius, Everything You Do Is A Balloon, and Dayvan Cowboy. All good songs to get you hooked
queen
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Quote by archerkoala
Check out High Score, The Campfire Headphase, and BoC Maxima, specifically the songs Roygbiv, Aquarius, Everything You Do Is A Balloon, and Dayvan Cowboy. All good songs to get you hooked

Oh man I'm really liking Dayvan Cowboy. Is Music Has the Right To Children any good? From what I've seen it got really good reviews.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by Echoplex

Excellent album (I just need Still Life and Deliverance and I have all the Opeth CDs.)

I need Morning Rise and Orchid. Still Life and Deliverance were pretty easy to find at F.Y.E.
Quote by handbanana78

Quote by deathcore101

Quote by afterthewar
Oh man I'm really liking Dayvan Cowboy. Is Music Has the Right To Children any good? From what I've seen it got really good reviews.

Haha TBH I love all their albums, most of it is just listening to it all and finding the songs you personally like the best. But yeah, none of their albums are at all bad.
Quote by Mackawade
I need Morning Rise and Orchid. Still Life and Deliverance were pretty easy to find at F.Y.E.

I got the Candlelight Years box set for the first three album. You can get it at a lot of places. You would get another copy of MAYH, but it's cheaper than buying separate.
Quote by archerkoala
Haha TBH I love all their albums, most of it is just listening to it all and finding the songs you personally like the best. But yeah, none of their albums are at all bad.

Yeah I'm listening to Music Has the Right to Children now, and its pretty good so far.

But I want something besides post rock, ambient, etc. Maybe some folk? Or some indie or something. Any ideas?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Quote by Echoplex
I got the Candlelight Years box set for the first three album. You can get it at a lot of places. You would get another copy of MAYH, but it's cheaper than buying separate.

Yeah I knew about that, but I'd like each C.D. separate. It's just a personal preference thing.
Quote by handbanana78

Quote by deathcore101

Quote by afterthewar
Yeah I'm listening to Music Has the Right to Children now, and its pretty good so far.

But I want something besides post rock, ambient, etc. Maybe some folk? Or some indie or something. Any ideas?

A Ghost Is Born - Wilco

Good folky alt-rock that actually has some dynamics, unlike so many releases these days. One of those albums that finds that perfect balance between great background noise, yet still an amazing album to actively listen to.
If you want Folk "An Aeroplane Over The Sea" is a must. I've listened to that album straight through hundreds of times. Also Sufjan Stephens is great folk...Check out the song The Transfiguration off of Seven Swans. If christian, and while I normally dislike christian music it's too good for me to mind.
Take a vyvance and listen to some techno, you'll get shit done
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by afterthewar

Saurian Exorcisms/Saurian Meditation by Karl Sanders.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Mackawade
Yeah I knew about that, but I'd like each C.D. separate. It's just a personal preference thing.

That's understandable. I've developed a sort of addiction to buying CDs, but it's damn near impossible to find good (non-mainstream) metal CDs where I live. I couldn't afford to buy all three separately online, and the set was a cheaper alternative. I'm probably gonna order the two I don't have online though.
Quote by archerkoala
If you want Folk "An Aeroplane Over The Sea" is a must. I've listened to that album straight through hundreds of times. Also Sufjan Stephens is great folk...Check out the song The Transfiguration off of Seven Swans. If christian, and while I normally dislike christian music it's too good for me to mind.

I love both Neutral Milk Hotel and Sufjan Stevens. And I've listened to them so much I can't listen to them for a while or I'll start hating them.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Amputechture - The Mars Volta
Hospice - The Antlers
Anything Red Hot Chili Peppers
Anything Nirvana (except for Incesticide or With the Lights Out)
Abbey Road/Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
Cowboy Bebop OST Volume 1 - Seatbelts (maybe Yoko Kanno's mentioned too)
Grace - Jeff Buckley
Tommy - The Who
Bringing it All Back Home - Bob Dylan (<- Folk)

EDIT: Show Your Bones - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (<- Indie)
Last edited by cyco_bob56 at Jul 8, 2010,
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Colors and The Great Misdirect- Between the Buried and Me
ALL streetlight
The Earth is not A Cold Dead Place- Explosions in the Sky
Somewhere At the Bottom...- La Dispute

I listened to Colors all the way through on a car trip once. While I do like between the buried and me, I started getting sick of the rapeyourface screaming parts after a while. But my head did kinda hurt so maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I love you!

Quote by jibran
You live in Australia.

Bill Frisell Group