Page 1 of 2
i made this so any one can talk about Four Year Strong. so have Fun
ONE DAY YOU'LL FALL AND I WILL
seriously hate this band, don't understand why their hyped so much. even when i liked this kind of music and horrible metalcore i still thought they were bad
Quote by handbanana
seriously hate this band, don't understand why their hyped so much. even when i liked this kind of music and horrible metalcore i still thought they were bad

Seriously? They're so happy it's infectious
love is love // return to dust
Love the band, but yeah seriously, there's a massive thread in PP&E.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by tancanada
Seriously? They're so happy it's infectious

Posi music died like 5 years ago. I hate happy music, same reason I hate fireworks
I talked shit on them last time calling them Fall Out Boy with breakdowns. I stand by that statement. But this time, I don't mean it pejoratively. Fall Out Boy is catchy as hell, and so are Four Year Strong.
Quote by handbanana
seriously hate this band, don't understand why their hyped so much.

i used to think this too. then i saw them live at warped tour. now, i think they're pretty damn good
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
I was just yesterday thinking about how great this band is and how they're leaps and bounds above almost every band in the genre and how it's pretty much impossible to hate them. You guys proved me wrong. haha
Quote by saxaxe
I was just yesterday thinking about how great this band is and how they're leaps and bounds above almost every band in the genre and how it's pretty much impossible to hate them. You guys proved me wrong. haha

Well as far as I know you guys could just be supercomputers with extreme opinions so I can still vouch that there probably isn't a single human that dislikes this band
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Well as far as I know you guys could just be supercomputers with extreme opinions so I can still vouch that there probably isn't a single human that dislikes this band

im human and i dislike them. there goes that theory.
Quote by saxaxe

I can name a dozen bands doing this style better.
Quote by Manos15

The only one I can think of is Taking Back Sunday
love is love // return to dust
Quote by Manos15

Please do.

And then can somebody close this? There's a maaaaaaassive thread in PP&E.
Quote by Manos15

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

The Wonder Years
Such Gold
Averman
The Swellers
A Loss for Words
This Time Next Year
Title Fight
Rust Belt Lights
Broadway Calls
Hold Tight!
Man Overboard
Living with Lions

All these bands rule and are nowhere near as cheesy and gimmicky as FYS.
Quote by Manos15
The Wonder Years
Such Gold
Averman
The Swellers
A Loss for Words
This Time Next Year

Title Fight
Rust Belt Lights
Broadway Calls
Hold Tight!
Man Overboard
Living with Lions

Not the same.

Not doing it better.
Last edited by asator at Jul 11, 2010,
Anyone who says wonder years and living with lions are worse than the musical abortion that is FYS needs to get their head examined. Seriously hate this band.

Their beards, however, rule.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by Manos15
Keep enjoying cheesy pop-rock with breakdowns and synth, kids.

Keep enjoying your elitism and holier-than-thou attitude.
Quote by Manos15
The Wonder Years
Such Gold
Averman
The Swellers
A Loss for Words
This Time Next Year
Title Fight
Rust Belt Lights
Broadway Calls
Hold Tight!
Man Overboard
Living with Lions

While many of those are really good, I tend to not be able to listen to any of them for too long before their songs start blending together (and by that I mean the songs the individual band writes). FYS has a signature style that varies throughout all their songs.

Oh and speaking of The Wonder Years, I saw them last night and they killed it. Streetlight Manifesto inevitably blew their set out of the water, though...
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Oh and speaking of The Wonder Years, I saw them last night and they killed it. Streetlight Manifesto inevitably blew their set out of the water, though...

I'm so mad I missed the MA date of that tour because of work. I haven't seen Streetlight in like 4 years; they're so good live.
Quote by Manos15
I'm so mad I missed the MA date of that tour because of work. I haven't seen Streetlight in like 4 years; they're so good live.

Their setlist was perfect. I've seen them five times now and they still put on the best show out of every show I've been to. I even got to meet Tomas, Mike, and Matt after the show.
Streetlight are the chillest dudes ever. Me and my buddies gave them some pot on warped last year hahaha.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by Manos15
The Wonder Years
Such Gold
Averman
The Swellers
A Loss for Words
This Time Next Year
Title Fight
Rust Belt Lights
Broadway Calls
Hold Tight!
Man Overboard
Living with Lions

those are the only ones i can agree with, maybe man overboard, i just can't get into the vocalist, and the autotune. he sounds like t-pain

EDIT:I saw rust belt lights at anchors up last year, they weren't bad. and they were all really nice dudes, considering only like 3 people actually showed to the show. somehow it still managed to be a lot of fun
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 12, 2010,
As far as I'm concerned, TWY and FYS are on the same level. VERY similar, neither one better than the other. All the other bands in the list that I've listened to are much different. Not saying they're bad, just a different kind of hardcore influence and going for a different sound, y'know?
Four Year Strong's acoustics are so good and beautiful.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Is anyone else with me when I think that the one vocalist has to be about ten? Seriously, no man is that small and skinny, it just isn't possible.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Is anyone else with me when I think that the one vocalist has to be about ten? Seriously, no man is that small and skinny, it just isn't possible.

Neither of them are small

Alan sometimes looks a bit small, when he's next to Dan, but Dan is a monster of a man.
Page 1 of 2