Ive been using a peavey 6505+ head for the last year now and I love it for the tone im going for which is more along the lines of metalcore bands i.e. August Burns Red, Texas in July, Parkway drive, miss may i and i noticed my tone to still be lacking that crunchy sound and it still sounded kind of hollow even with my settings where I like them

my settings being
Pre gain: on 7
Low on 8
Mid on 6.5
High on 8
Post on 2

I was also using an old ibanez destroyer that had humbuckers in it, but i just traded that in and picked up a schecter hellraiser c-1 fr and I noticed the tone to be better, but still not the best.

Now i am not 100% new when it comes to tone but Ive done the majority of my research but I cant find alot of information on how much a cab will define my tone and thats the last thing I need to finish my new equipment.

As of right now I am using a Crate Flexwave FW412A Guitar Amp Cab, it was free so I figured I would use it to my advantage, now I wanted to pick up a new cab with a reasonal price (nothing over 1000$) and was wondering two things.

1. What would be a reasonably good guitar amp to get

2. Will it affect my tone that much? or is it something else?

Thanks
speakers in that cab probably arent helping you achieve what you want. try out some different cabs with different speakers. trial and error. find YOUR tone. **** what everyone else does.

also this is the wrong section for this. this should be in the gear section. just a heads up.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
I think the 6505+ isnt the problem.
Make sure you get a cabinet with V30's in it. IMO Mesa cabinets are the best, a bit pricey though.

Have you tried putting a boost in front of the amp?
well i guess what im really asking is, will the cab affect the tone enough? I mean im using a crappy 300$ cab and im willing to spend like upwards of 1000$ to get a better one if it will realy make my tone that much better,
Quote by Stirger
well i guess what im really asking is, will the cab affect the tone enough? I mean im using a crappy 300$ cab and im willing to spend like upwards of 1000$ to get a better one if it will realy make my tone that much better,

www.avatarspeakers.com

Check those guys out. Pretty solid cabinets, and you can choose the speakers for it. My 2x12 costed me $402, they also have some deals on their scratch and dent stuff. They were selling a 4x12 a month ago for $210 with your choice in speakers.

I don't honestly see the point in shelling out $1,000+ for a speaker cabinet, but that's just me