I have been looking for a fuzz pedal to get me close to the tones from Sgt. Peppers, The White Album and Revolver. More specifically Taxman, Sgt. Peppers (title track), Good Morning Good Morning, and Happiness is a Warm Gun.

So far I have been looking at the Analogman Sun Face and the MJM Brit Bender. I would prefer to keep the price under or around $200. I am willing to go used and would prefer a Tonebender clone of some sort.
Last edited by Fly-By-Night at Jul 9, 2010,
Not really what I'm looking for but thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking for more of a fuzz whereas the danelectro is a distortion pedal.
Take a knife to your speakers. . That was always The Beatles way. I think on Revolution, though, they had overdriven the recording mic or something... I don't remember
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
English Muff'n looks pretty good, although it isn't a tonebender clone. My local shop has one in right now so I'm going to go give it a try sometime today.

Anyone have any experience with the Throbak Stone Bender?
Eh... no experience with that one, but look and see if you can find a Brit Bender like papersun said.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
Take a knife to your speakers. . That was always The Beatles way. I think on Revolution, though, they had overdriven the recording mic or something... I don't remember

i think you're getting the beatles mixed up with the kinks.

If it helps at all, while sgt pepper/revolver tones are indeed tone-bender style fuzz tones (actually i think the fuzz tones are inbuilt fuzz effects in the hybrid vox UL730s they were using at the time), i think the white album is actually gain from an amp (i'm really not sure what they were using at this time), with the eq set to 10-0-10
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
i think you're getting the beatles mixed up with the kinks.

If it helps at all, while sgt pepper/revolver tones are indeed tone-bender style fuzz tones (actually i think the fuzz tones are inbuilt fuzz effects in the hybrid vox UL730s they were using at the time), i think the white album is actually gain from an amp (i'm really not sure what they were using at this time), with the eq set to 10-0-10

The Beatles did it a few times too, or so I read. I forgot about the Kinks doing it though..

Thanks for the correction
--

--