Page 1 of 2
Have any of u guys heard of JayPresto?

dudes an '08 member.

I checked some of his threads and they blew my mind

thought I'd share. what do u guys think?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Don't really like the first video but the second one is great.

Good find!
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Yep. He's good.

But why is it that whenever there's a guitarist like this, they always feel the need to play some of the worst sounding solos I've ever heard?

SlayingEdit:

I liked the second video a lot. First one didn't sound too amazing.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by metacarpi
Have any of u guys heard of JayPresto?

dudes an '08 member.

I checked some of his threads and they blew my mind

thought I'd share. what do u guys think?

lol alright, so u didn't like the videos? or what?
I like the second link. The first sounds like shit though.
Play the music, not the instrument.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Yep. He's good.

But why is it that whenever there's a guitarist like this, they always feel the need to play some of the worst sounding solos I've ever heard?

yeah true it does sound like monotonous wailing but i reckon it's impressive though
WAY legit.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by JayPresto
yeah true it does sound like monotonous wailing but i reckon it's impressive though

Yeah, it really is. It's just, with technique like that, you'd think they could make their solos not sound like garbage?
The first video was bad. Horrible tone, tasteless shredding, disgusting tattoos.

The second one was a bit better.

Im just listening to the band right now, this sounds more tastefull.
Also, I dont think they are German.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by ICOG
The first video was bad. Horrible tone, tasteless shredding, disgusting tattoos.

The second one was a bit better.

Im just listening to the band right now, this sounds more tastefull.
Also, I dont think they are German.

yeah they probably aren't German i'm not too sure

dude released a solo album, it's all instrumental but it's alot of the same tasteless shredding and what not, worth a listen though it's called 'Lick 'Em'
I like metal ( think Iron Maiden and similar ) but to this day I really don't understand how can people listen to such solos like the first video. Now I don't want to generalize but when I tried listening to the really heavy genres of metal like Black Metal, Death Metal, Norwegian Acoustic Viking Shred-pocalypse metal, you know what kind of metal I mean, that's just really the thing I hated. Not saying all of the music in said genres are like that, but seriously I fail to understand how listening to random diminshed arpeggios shredding/wanking can be enjoyable. First time I picked up guitar and tried just pressing random spots on the fretboard is exactly the kind of "melody" I used to get. Sure, it's technical, but do people that actually listen to that, do they actually enjoy the music, or just like listening to technical stuff? I feel like I'm gonna get flamed for this.

Also my guitar teacher who is really technical and also likes to wank the guitar, but in a more bluesy style once said "I once went to a Yingwie Malmsteen concert. Really good guitarist, but I left after the first two songs cause all I heard was bwuaaaaahuubwuaaaahu."
Last edited by Shinami at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by Shinami
I like metal ( think Iron Maiden and similar ) but to this day I really don't understand how can people listen to such solos like the first video. Now I don't want to generalize but when I tried listening to the really heavy genres of metal like Black Metal, Death Metal, Norwegian Acoustic Viking Shred-pocalypse metal, you know what kind of metal I mean, that's just really the thing I hated. Not saying all of the music in said genres are like that, but seriously I fail to understand how listening to random diminshed arpeggios shredding/wanking can be enjoyable. First time I picked up guitar and tried just pressing random spots on the fretboard is exactly the kind of "melody" I used to get. Sure, it's technical, but do people that actually listen to that, do they actually enjoy the music, or just like listening to technical stuff? I feel like I'm gonna get flamed for this.

nah i agree dude, it does sound pretty crap but i was just impressed with the technique
His tapping and harmonics videos are out of this world. Just on a completely different planet from where everyone else is
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
He's a good guitarist, but he's just technique didn't sound nice. second song was pretty cool though.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by StewieSwan
Proudfeet!

*waits for somebody to get it*

That's actually so lame it made me laugh
kthxbai.
Quote by StewieSwan
Proudfeet!

I was going to post that as soon as I saw his name.
Is he related to Gordon Lightfoot?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by StewieSwan
Proudfeet!

-Sigh- Lord of the Rings, why do I know this.

OT: His clean stuff is out of this world, his shreddy stuff sucks.

Quote by Zed45
Devin's better.

I hope you don't mean devin townsend..
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Proudfeet!

oh my friggin god, ultimate, EPIC win

EDIT: also, this guy has impeccable technique, but the stuff he plays just sounds like ass. The clean/tapping thing was pretty good, but it got boring after like a half minute. Then at the end he started doing something a little slower that sounded AWESOME and I was but then it was over.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by Shinami

FLAAAAAMEE

Hmm...

Disagree...

Death metal is averagely shite, however. A few decent bands, perhaps, but I don't like 'em

I just feel for black metal, it's pretty much the opposite of what you described.. if not then it's ghey olololololololl!1!Q@;l;sf'd/,.m

ED1T: Excuse me, I'm going to get a coffee...
STRIKING MINORS
Last edited by Mources at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by StewieSwan
I hope you don't mean devin townsend..

Problem, Stewie?
Quote by Zed45
Problem, Stewie?

I've never seen devin townsend play anything particularly impressive. Feel free to change my mind.
He seems to have lost all idea of phrasing and note choice. His technique is incredible however it's just playing as many notes as he can at once, which really isn't music is it. He has a video called 'Blues rock soloing in pentatonic' and it's pretty much like the video TS posted... shocking.
I don't like this guy's solos, although his tapping piece was quite awsome and he sure likes to finger some chords in kinda retarded way
Quote by StewieSwan
I've never seen devin townsend play anything particularly impressive. Feel free to change my mind.

Technically impressive, or musically impressive?

Devin's not the fastest guy on the block, but I'd listen to him any day, and the guy in the OP is really not that impressive to me.
Quote by Mources
FLAAAAAMEE

Hmm...

Disagree...

Death metal is averagely shite, however. A few decent bands, perhaps, but I don't like 'em

I just feel for black metal, it's pretty much the opposite of what you described.. if not then it's ghey olololololololl!1!Q@;l;sf'd/,.m

ED1T: Excuse me, I'm going to get a coffee...

Well maybe I was wrong about Black Metal, I just threw that in, I don't really know all the genres and sub genres and whatnot of what I'm talking about, but you get what kind of style I mean. Those songs are cool tho.

I'll post this guitar pro tab of this piece this one guy wrote on another forum as an example of what I'm talking about. Just gotta find them.

OK I didn't find exactly the one piece I was looking for, but this is something similar, at least the first half, tho at least it this isn't as bad (it's my opinion) as the other one I wanted to show.

http://perlhosting.net/download7/effab2049.html

Seriously do people enjoy such.. Randomness?
Last edited by Shinami at Jul 9, 2010,
The first one = wanking over a series of scales.

The second one = pretty good.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Technically impressive, or musically impressive?

Devin's not the fastest guy on the block, but I'd listen to him any day, and the guy in the OP is really not that impressive to me.

There's a difference between a skilled writer and a skilled player. While I'll concede he's a great songwriter, he's far from the most talented guitarist out there.
Quote by Shinami
Well maybe I was wrong about Black Metal, I just threw that in, I don't really know all the genres and sub genres and whatnot of what I'm talking about, but you get what kind of style I mean. Those songs are cool tho.

I'll post this guitar pro tab of this piece this one guy wrote on another forum as an example of what I'm talking about. Just gotta find them.

OK I didn't find exactly the one piece I was looking for, but this is something similar, at least the first half, tho at least it this isn't as bad (it's my opinion) as the other one I wanted to show.

http://perlhosting.net/download7/effab2049.html

Seriously do people enjoy such.. Randomness?

Nah no worries, i got what you were digging at - I don't find it very appealing, and it seems just to be novelty, I reckon? I can find it amusing for a few seconds, but when a band revolves around it, it gets a bit... crap. lol.
STRIKING MINORS
Quote by StewieSwan
There's a difference between a skilled writer and a skilled player. While I'll concede he's a great songwriter, he's far from the most talented guitarist out there.

I personally would much prefer to listen to a song written by a skilled writer but with only moderate talent, than one written by someone with amazing talent but not skill at writing music. I much prefer slow, wailing guitars over a shredfest.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by StewieSwan

What defines 'talent', eh? Picking a million ****ing notes per second?
Page 1 of 2