The name says it all. This is a solo project of Roger J. Beaujard, guitarist of Mortician. So far the only release has been a compilation of demo songs, but the shit is pretty brutal and awesome

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=33628

you can check out him jamming out various riffs for it on his youtube channel, such as these ones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohkxuFVnSI

The riffing is really sweet, sounds like what Mortician would be like but minus the samples and more technical. Great stuff, check it out.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
HOLY SHIT

That dude is in Malignancy as well.I ****ing saw him play live at MDF,Thats awesome.This stuff is'nt too bad,a bit wanky in some parts but for the most part this is really good.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Yeah some of the taps are a bit wanky, but considering what he plays in Mortician I understand why he'd wanted to show off a more technical side here haha.

Downloaded the compilation, gonna listen to it tonight and report back on it tomorrow.

Sumdeus
I think i'm digging the stuff on the part two of his jam.Sounds allot like Malignancy,which is'nt bad since i love that band.
Quote by Steve08

Yeah, I really like the last riff on the second jam.

he says full length will have solos too. I can't wait to hear those haha

Sumdeus
Yeah that riff is dope! That tapping was actually damn cool.My fave part about this is that he mixes thoose awesome downtuned zombie slaying power chord riffs with some techy parts and finds a good balance.
Quote by Steve08

So I listened to the compilation and it's pretty friggin' sweet. The production is a bit iffy on some of them but for the most part it's awesome. The riffing is great, and his solos are pretty sick. The leads remind me of some blend of Morbid Angel/Suffocation thing. Ya know, some fast muddy shreds and sweeps with wailing wammy'd notes. His vocals are sick too, some sweet gurgles and gutturals. The only thing is that I wish the drums were real and not programmed. At some points the computer blasting gets a bit annoying, and I just feel that with real drum recording the whole thing would have a lot better old school vibe to it.

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Jul 10, 2010,