Anyone know how I can achieve this feat? I have line 6 guitar pod for effects and riffworld thingy for recording and need a heavy bassline, I just don't want to have to buy a bass guitar

please help me
Quote by Fezler69
Anyone know how I can achieve this feat? I have line 6 guitar pod for effects and riffworld thingy for recording and need a heavy bassline, I just don't want to have to buy a bass guitar

please help me

your best bet is to use a pitch shifter and set it down an octave. most DAWs have pitch shifters, but be warned - they might be unsatisfactory. i used one on one of my tracks up on UG (the demo of far away), and i'm not happy with the bass on it.

give it a shot - maybe it'll work better for you.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
down tune and palm mute on the thickest string works better if you have think strings
Quote by supersac
down tune and palm mute on the thickest string works better if you have think strings

That's not gonna work very well, just saying.

Using a pitch shifter is probably the best way to get a bass guitar without a bass guitar. Jack White used one for the intro to Seven Nation Army, and it sounded pretty decent.
I'm sure if you looked, you could find a bass player who will gladly help you out.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I often fool around with Bass riff's using a pich shifter an octave down. Just watch your volume so you don't overwork the speaker in your amp.
dngrsdave

Heavy Metal Thunder
You could just rent a bass for a month or so for like $50 and then record all the bass lines you need and then record the guitar over it later. Then you just spend $50 instead of the minimum of $150 for a pitch shifter. Unless you're planing on doing this over more than 3 months, then the pitch shifter would be better.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
or you could just buy a cheap bass like a rockburn from argos? lol

just use the low E string n boost the low end on EQ n high pass thats the best ur get with a guitar.
If you record in Audacity (or open the media file for editing in Audacity), it has a pitch shifter, so you could try that.
Absolutely no idea how good the Audacity pitch shifter is, but it's free... So nothing to lose by trying it out.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Think of a really lazy but effective guitar riff that you want in your song. Then use a pitch effect to tune it down to "bass" level and get what you want out of it...
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
well what i used to do before i got a bass was i would record a guitar track, then pitch shift it down an octave remove some of the highs (i took out everything above 7500hz)
duplicate the track then have the 2nd track play 10 miliseconds later than the original.

the lag on the 2nd adds thickness to it
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Fezler69

please help me

If I'm right the line6 should have an effect called "sub octaves", use that and set the "mix" to 100%, "-2 octaves" to 0% and "-1 octave" to 100%. Run that through your bass amp model of choice and that's about as close as you're going to get with your current gear.

As someone else said though, it's easy enough to find a bass player if you want someone to record some stuff for you, if you can tab it out it Guitar Pro or PoweTab I'd happily do it for you...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.