Come one come all....
I am relatively new to the whole wri ting tabs and I know some of my tabs aren't 100%.

BUT

I am one of many who are able to see the waiting for approval tabs and the amount of unregistered people putting bad tabs personally I believe there shouldn't be more than 5 tabs of each song....but songs like come as you are, smells like teen spirit, smoke on the water and the likes it's annoying... reckon it's worth asking U.G to set up a filter for these tabs so that no more can come through? write down the tabs your sick of seeing...
I would like this to be peaceful without getting any anger lol if you care and we apply this right U.G might take notice :P
Well.... it could be some kind of filter,but people should vote on tabs when they download each one.
Quote by Mazan
Well.... it could be some kind of filter,but people should vote on tabs when they download each one.

this. 80% of the time I simply forget to rate a tab that I've used or downloaded. maybe UG could set up something where you get a message a few days after using a tab asking you to rate how it was
You've got a point in what you say, and indeed it's frusstrating that so much tabs of one song appear here. Approval of tabs (I think) is done by people in the UG HQ. It think it should be handy to put a filter in, but only if the tabs that are already posted are of quality. It would be bad if a filter for say, 5 tabs, would be put to use, and all the 5 tabs that are posted are bad.
Marhsall JCM2000 DSL
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gretsch Electromatic
Martin DX1
Ibanez WH10V2
Boss DS-2
Boss TU-2
Line6 M9
Voodoolab Pedal Power
I've yet to see a valid explanation as to why some songs are considered to have "too many" tabs uploaded for them. Occasionally, a great tab that's a vast improvement over its predecessors is rejected because 5-8 versions have already been uploaded, while other songs have so much as 15 tabs online, mostly very similar to one another.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
what if there in different tunings?
and there is always more ways to play it as the next string is just +5?
Leukemia Skywalker
Quote by Dynamight
I've yet to see a valid explanation as to why some songs are considered to have "too many" tabs uploaded for them. Occasionally, a great tab that's a vast improvement over its predecessors is rejected because 5-8 versions have already been uploaded, while other songs have so much as 15 tabs online, mostly very similar to one another.

Yea, true. But that has to do with the UG policy. I don't really think we can do anything about it.
Marhsall JCM2000 DSL
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Gretsch Electromatic
Martin DX1
Ibanez WH10V2
Boss DS-2
Boss TU-2
Line6 M9
Voodoolab Pedal Power
Yeh but sometimes you find that one part of a tab is perfect and the rest isn't but then on another version that is mainly good that section is wrong, so you can start to mix and match tabs to either make playing it easier, or to get the right notes.
Quote by desert_penguins
Yeh but sometimes you find that one part of a tab is perfect and the rest isn't but then on another version that is mainly good that section is wrong, so you can start to mix and match tabs to either make playing it easier, or to get the right notes.

Genius, so one agree's with me.
Leukemia Skywalker
I tend to mix tabs, not only the ones written here but also with Gp5 files. mixing the best, or just easier of most, to achieve a great one
Quote by SilverSpurs616
this. 80% of the time I simply forget to rate a tab that I've used or downloaded. maybe UG could set up something where you get a message a few days after using a tab asking you to rate how it was

I have an inbox full of spam already. No.

That also means UG has to send out several thousand extra messages a day.
what about the people who write just sections of a song? intro's for example...when i see sections of a song put up ( alot of them put a comment up saying i've not got time to finish the song... or i'm still writing the rest) ??? why bother in the first place wait till it's all done I am one of those guitarists who can play thousands of intro's and solo's but not the rest. but for a site that offers guitar tabs of whole songs maybe a section of the site where you can offer the " fun " parts of a song and another section for whole songs? what do you think? i know U.G put a feedback wanting to know what we thought a few months ago but i wasn't that into guitar tabs then ... for some reason now i am lol
Quote by webbtje
I have an inbox full of spam already. No.

That also means UG has to send out several thousand extra messages a day.

agreed with both of you... i can't count how many times i've won the lotto in a country i've never been too... U.G have enough to deal with than to send reminders but i can see what this person is trying to say.... if you save a tab to your desktop it should direct you to a rating ... i mean your not going to save a tab if you don't think it's correct so if you deal with the rating then and there it's over and done with... i don't know how most people write tabs but i do it note by note cause i don't know how to do it otherwise so a tab can take 45 minutes to 4 hours but that's just me i listen and listen to songs so the least i expect is for someone to tell me if it's good or not... i've now done i think 13? and i've got one rating of 5 stars but no comment as to why .. ok 5 star is a good thing but if your going to rate it wouldn't you want to justify the rating? i dunno maybe i'm old school where you praise someone for good work or you offer advice for bad work to put it nicely lol