Hi guys, so picture this. You are writing your piece, and now it's time to write the drum solo, kinda frustrating right? I was hoping that someone would be able to direct me to some good websites or recommend some good grooves that i could use.
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
Most African sambas are traditionally played in 6/8. Its literally a 4/4 samba, but remove the last beat.

Do some research on it yo, you might find something cool on youtube

In western pop music, African and Latin grooves are lumped together, so no one will care that its technically an African thing
Yeah, the Afro cuban Bembe is played in 6/8. And your right, it won't really matter to anyone except actual composers like us :-P I've done some research, but i'm having trouble figuring out how to write the drum solo, i don't play drums so it's confusing.
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
Quote by jimi_vai
Yeah, the Afro cuban Bembe is played in 6/8. And your right, it won't really matter to anyone except actual composers like us :-P I've done some research, but i'm having trouble figuring out how to write the drum solo, i don't play drums so it's confusing.

Use what you already know...how do you write a guitar solo? You embelish the melody, or in this case the rhythm. Add some snare ghost hits, some 16th notes, some tom hits, some crashes, a lil bass drum, or maybe change the drum groove...there's so much you can do to spice it up a bit without making it complicated.