Active bass owners, what batteries do you use? Disposable, rechargeable, what brand?
I chuck whatever I can get my hands on into my Rockbass Vampyre when not gigging, but always chuck some freshies in before a show, preferably a decent quality one (Eveready or Duracell or some shit like that). As long as you dont leave your lead in when not playing, you'll be sweet
Get a cheapo multimeter so you can get an idea of what voltage your battery is pushing out. That way you don't have to change it before a show "just to be safe"
I also throw whatever i have available in my ATK. I usually keep at least 2 spares in my gig bag.

I've been meaning to change over to rechargables... i just think i'd lack the motivation to remember to recharge it.
I don't have an active bass (yet), but my guitarist and I both check batteries with our tongues. Just touch both ends to your tongue and you'll know if it's dead or not.

Anyway, I think Duracell would be the best. Just be sure to keep 2 or 3 spares in your bag at all times.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
I usually keep a few Duracells about.

On rechargeables. Be aware that they are generally not recommended for some active basses. Fully charged they only put out about 7.2 volts max and some basses (my SR800) for example will not sound great even when the battery is fully charged.

A new battery should last you about 6 months to 9 months. Honestly, even from an economic standpoint, rechargeables don't make a whole lot of sense.
Quote by anarkee

On rechargeables. Be aware that they are generally not recommended for some active basses. Fully charged they only put out about 7.2 volts max and some basses (my SR800) for example will not sound great even when the battery is fully charged.

A new battery should last you about 6 months to 9 months. Honestly, even from an economic standpoint, rechargeables don't make a whole lot of sense.

Not to mention the fact that when you recharge a rechargable battery it doesn't go back to "full" they do deteriorate, so this problem would become worse as you recharge the battery more.
started with Duracells, then tried Energizers.....I believe the Duracells lasted longer, and im going with those next time...wish they made LITHIUM 9Vs....i think i saw a brand that used AAA for their actives but i just cant find it now...

rechargeables are NOT recomended....

good luck
Always Duracell's, and I've only had to change batteries 3 times in the last 4 years, give or take. Granted my Traben gets significantly less play-time since I bought the Fender, but the Duracell's in it still last for about 7-8 months of average use.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by anarkee

Hehehe

On topic, Duracells. I dont think it REALLY matters though, as long as its putting out 9v.

On a side note, you know how duracell always does those commercials where they show an important occupation that needs batteries to work at all times? (paramedics, NASA, etc). Ive always wanted to see one for a bassist that cant have his battery dyin on stage lol
I use durracell or energizer 9 volts. it depends which you think holds up better. give both a try and then decide.
Whichever are in the store when I need to buy them.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Duracell are the main staple in pedals and my active's.And i always unplug my bass as soon as im finished so the battery doesnt go flat cause the circuit is basically complete when the jack is in :P
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
i use duracells.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Duracells, but i dont have an active bass anymore. If i were to get an active preamp in this bass, i would get a phantm powered box to go before the bass so i didnt have to bother with batteries anymore.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul