I'll be running a telecaster through a blues junior. Anyone know of a cheap overdrive to use as it doesn't have a drive channel? I was reccomended a sparkle drive but I can only find them new, so thats a bit much. I want it to still sound good though. So what do y'all think of like a BD2 Blues Driver or the SD1?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

If you wanted a great all around pedal I would go with the Ibanez Tube Screamer. But they're like $80-$180. I'm not sure what your budget is but maybe find one used? Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Call your local Guitar Center and see if they have any of the MXR Classic Overdrives for $30 left. You won't be sorry if you can get one.
Quote by KevinFreund
If you wanted a great all around pedal I would go with the Ibanez Tube Screamer. But they're like $80-$180. I'm not sure what your budget is but maybe find one used? Good luck.

I found a Tube scremer right at the top of my budger that i may be able to get. I also have a BD-2 that I found for a little bit less. How do they compare to one another?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Last edited by TheHobbit at Jul 9, 2010,
Does it work well as a drive on it's own, or do you use it as a boost?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Get a TS7 if you want footswitchable OD. Better yet would be to use your guitar's volume knob for cleans and in between shades of dirty.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
My blues junior overdrives pretty well without a pedal. One thing you might consider is just getting a boost pedal instead of a distortion since to get more overdrive all you really need to do is boost the input sound. Or as someone else said, you could always just crank it and then use the volume knob on your guitar.
You'll be fine without a pedal. The BJ has an excellent drive.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I've had the BD-2 for a couple weeks now and I like it a lot. Anything from gritty boost to searing blues to wall of fuzz . . .
What about a danelectro tranparent overdrive?
It's very good and cheap.
You could make a tube screamer, if you're any good with soldering irons and schematics...
In fact, it'd be easier to tailor it too your preferences!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I have a strat that I run through a blues junior, and i gotta say, save up the money and buy a tube screamer. I bought a BD-2 and it was decent but the tube screamer is a great tone through that amp.
Call me Jack
Quote by Sguit
What about a danelectro tranparent overdrive?
It's very good and cheap.

+1 if you are on a budget dano is the way to go.
you are what you is