Hi. I need some advice.
I've got a new Fender CD 60 guitar for a low price ($175) about 1 week ago And there are a few thing that i don't like. I think, that it can be a fake.

1. Two dots on the 12th fret are closer than in the photos i find in the Web.
2 The pickguard has some different shape.
3. Mechanics are placed a bit inaccurately.
4. The belt fastener is not so shiny as 1 week ago.

Maybe it's normal, but i'm worying. Photos attached/
Attachments:
IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1126.jpg
IMG_1127.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg
why not send your pics to fender and ask? btw, did you get the guitar at a reputable music store?

keep in mind that fender's not that accurate when it comes to builds, that sometimes guitar companies change things a bit, and keep in mind that it's a budget guitar. while i've found that yamaha's budget guitars are consistent and as much care is taken with the fg series as with the l series, i have not found that to be the case with the fenders i've tried, nor with most other brands.
Looks just like the first guitar I bought , which was a Fender CE-60. Also will never own another Fender acoustic again. Sold it only months after having it... pure firewood.
don't be silly - it can't be pure firewood... the paint and hardware aren't wood at all

Quote by AustinTyler
Looks just like the first guitar I bought , which was a Fender CE-60. Also will never own another Fender acoustic again. Sold it only months after having it... pure firewood.
Everything looks alright except the headstock, which you could put down to "i dont give a shit" attitude of the Korean Fender Employees.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
I also just bought this guitar (yesterday actually) and its more or less the same as yours, and I got mine from a reputable store and all. Don't worry bout it only minor faults in the build at most..not fake
Thanks ). I can be calm now.
To be honest, i'm happy with this guitar despite this things - it sounds even more than i paid for it. )
Anyone could tell me if this is FAKE or ORIGINAL???,, something looks different from ones I usually see in the Internet...

Looks like this one below is "original":

Is anybody getting the same feeling of dread and paranoia that I am?

Capitalism's worst fears could be coming true! The Koreans are trying to ruin the US economy by pumping tens of thousands of fake Fender CD-60s into it....

Maybe they're not even MIK! They could be from Red China...!
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Everything looks alright except the headstock, which you could put down to "i dont give a shit" attitude of the Korean Fender Employees.
If you made their wages, you wouldn't give a shit either...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 6, 2013,
Quote by Captaincranky
Is anybody getting the same feeling of dread and paranoia that I am?

Capitalism's worst fears could be coming true! The Koreans are trying to ruin the US economy by pumping tens of thousands of fake Fender CD-60s into it....

Maybe they're not even MIK! They could be from Red China...! If you made their wages, you wouldn't give a shit either...

Products from China, Korea, etc.. Why they exist ? Because people buy ... if you have something almost similiar for 300 why you would pay 600 ? That is why the economy is going down.. And its with everything... In Portugal, they have different idea, even if something is more expensive but made in Portugal, they would buy it .. and even doing that the economy is not good in there. Where are all the factory s? You cant have a solid economy based only in consuming stuff, you need to produce.. The factory s are in China, Korea, not in USA anymore.
Thats a Original Fender! It looks Different due to the Cutaway! Its just that the guitar itself isnt made in US and made in china so the Craftsmanship varies! My Guitarist has CD 60 And he is in love with it! he couldnt trade it for a entry level martin! :P Crazy Guy!
this thread is from 2010....
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by randomguy2000
this thread is from 2010....
Oh look, it's a necro-bump AND a hijack....

So, ya gotta give credit where credit is due.

There's a lot of creativity involved in successfully combining "musical techniques....."!
pretty sure the TS has upgraded 4 times by now. it's a Cd-60. who in the hell would attempt to fake one? i've never heard of someone making counterfeit 5 dollar bills... that would be stupid !