Has anyone ever tried this guitar? It's First Act...but it actually looks playable, especially since an actual player uses it. I looked on the website; it has a basswood body and an ebony fretboard.
Sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
i saw it in target a few weeks ago. It looked like a decent enough guitar but it's easy to make a guitar look decent when it's in a box. I know First Act does have some fairly good talent on it's roster and that they CAN make good instruments; I don't know if their department store guitars are as good as their customs.
go into Walmart, open a box and give it a go, put it back in and buy it. I've never done that because I've never bought a musical instrument from a department store before.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
This whole signature guitar thing is just way over the top. Some of the changes from standard models are miniscule, like tone pots, move the strap button, stupid stuff like that. Then slap an extra grand on the price and watch the fanbois roll in. Makes me sad for humanity.
i thought it was quite nice really, seeing as both the guys from maroon 5 use first acts, they are actually playable and dont sound too awful.

first act do have a custom shop though, i dont suppose many know about it though.

http://www.firstact.com/Products/CustomGuitars/Gallery.aspx

some of the pieces in that gallery (about 15 pages or so) are really nice, and are endorsed by some big names, i'd say they must be doing something right.
What they're doing right is finding out a way to use their big names to sell super cheapo guitars to unsuspecting n00bs.

The guitars that the big names are using are way, WAY different than the ones in the USA department stores...
Quote by Y00p
What they're doing right is finding out a way to use their big names to sell super cheapo guitars to unsuspecting n00bs.

The guitars that the big names are using are way, WAY different than the ones in the USA department stores...

but theyre not in department stores? the low end, cheapo ones are, but you have to order the custom shop ones, especially.

plus, have you ever played a higher end first act? id say theyre pretty stellar guitars, to be honest, and im sure many who've played one or two of the nicer pieces would back me up here.
Right, that's what I'm saying. I thought you were comparing the Walmart ones to the Custom ones.