Page 1 of 2
Just an idea:

Get a job like a common mortal for a while (bearing in mind that if all goes to plan this will only be temporary) use the earnings to pick up both a Jackson King V and a JCM stack, as well as a Fender bass and a decent large bass amp then...

Just join as many hard rock/metal bands as I can in the city as either bassist or guitarist (whatever they need). Hopefully, with a bit of luck, one of those bands will get signed and become really famous, and then I can ride with them to riches and never having to work another day of my life, even if I am just playing very simple basslines or rhythm guitar for the band.

I dunno I know it sounds a bit cheap but I bet people have done it before? and if you become like a multi millionaire by the end of it for playing simple stuff, then who can complain?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Last edited by Eurozeppelin at Jul 9, 2010,
You're the 5 billionth person to come up with that idea since the first electric guitar was ever made.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
People who have musical integrity probably don't think like this. So personally, no I would rather work as a Sound Engineer as a career and have a band I enjoy playing with on the side.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by boreamor
People who have musical integrity probably don't think like this. So personally, no I would rather work as a Sound Engineer as a career and have a band I enjoy playing with on the side.

Sorry, what is your definition of musical integrity?

and please don't take it seriously, I'm not actually going to do this, I just wondered what you guys would say if I posted this?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

You need to put a lot of effort into a band for it to get recognized. Once you join a new band, your effort has to get divided into the amount of bands there.

Also, band members won't like you being in hundreds of bands.

To finish off, gig dates will conflict.

Start one band with a bunch of people you like that are good musicians and that you click well with. You have more chance of success like that, i reckons.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by boreamor

im doing the same
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by darkcheef
What ever happened to going to the states and living out of a van with your band?

OMG MEMORY.

That's the same guy as well!

TS you're still an absolute fanny, apparently
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Sorry, what is your definition of musical integrity?

and please don't take it seriously, I'm not actually going to do this, I just wondered what you guys would say if I posted this?

Doing it for the music, and not the money.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by asator
OMG MEMORY.

That's the same guy as well!

TS you're still an absolute fanny, apparently

I was wonderng if it was that guy again.
TS, here's some advice for you:

If you wanna be a singer, or play guitar
Man, you gotta sweat or you won't get far
Cause it's never too late to work nine-to-five

You can take a stand, or you can compromise
You can work real hard or just fantasize
Oh cool. Send me your hopes and pathetic ideas to me once they've been thoroughly crushed
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
Oh cool. Send me your hopes and pathetic ideas to me once they've been thoroughly crushed

Are you working on a machine that's powered by crushed dreams and shattered hopes too?

My research tells me it's almost as efficient as baby tears.
How can you plan for something that might and could very well end at any second?

Making plans in life is just setting yourself up for difficulty and disappointment, because everything can change second to second. It's better to have goals and dreams, in my opinion, because unlike a plan, the path to those goals and dreams can change and leave the outcome the same.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by MightyAl
Are you working on a machine that's powered by crushed dreams and shattered hopes too?

My research tells me it's almost as efficient as baby tears.

I gave up on it, now I just bathe in the crushed dreams and shattered hopes.

Quote by padgea7x

It should certainly exfoliate well. And the juice of the crushed dreams will moisturise, too.
Quote by padgea7x

Huh, I prefer broken relationships, but I guess everyone's different.
Quote by MightyAl
It should certainly exfoliate well. And the juice of the crushed dreams will moisturise, too.

Oh yeah, crushed dreams have worked a charm on my dick.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Huh, I prefer broken relationships, but I guess everyone's different

I drink that before I go to sleep. Gives me good dreams. Wet dreams too.

Making guitar/music your primary thing is risky. The chances of succeeding are ridiculously low so just make it a hobby and get a decent career. That's actually what my guitar teacher said to me.
Your odds of getting laid and becoming infectious are much greater than the odds of you getting signed and becoming famous.
And the odds of you getting laid are damn near nil.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
How about trying to write some good songs just because you love music and stop being a little "I wanna be a rock star" bitch?
Quote by guitarist41
How about trying to write some good songs just because you love music and stop being a little "I wanna be a rock star" bitch?

Well have you considered that maybe he doesn't love music and does just want to be a rockstar? I don't think lawyers become lawyers because they love the law, no, they do it to get money.
Quote by Shinami
Well have you considered that maybe he doesn't love music and does just want to be a rockstar? I don't think lawyers become lawyers because they love the law, no, they do it to get money.

But he can love music and want to be a rockstar too. Like prostitutes, they love sex and they love money.

Quote by padgea7x
But he can love music and want to be a rockstar too. Like prostitutes, they love sex and they love money.

He can, but sometimes prostitutes do just want the money.

actually it's probably most of the time
Quote by Shinami
He can, but sometimes prostitutes do just want the money.

actually it's probably most of the time

But she said that she loved the sex!

Quote by padgea7x
But she said that she loved the sex!

Damnit I saw that exact sentence and that exact same avatar and exact same smile before. I'm not even trying to make a clever joke or something.

Fuckin Deja Vu, how does it work?
Last edited by Shinami at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Just join as many hard rock/metal bands as I can in the city as either bassist or guitarist (whatever they need). Hopefully, with a bit of luck, one of those bands will get signed and become really famous, and then I can ride with them to riches and never having to work another day of my lifecomplain?

This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Hey guys, I have a new life plan. What I'm going to do, is win the lottery. Impossible you say? Unlikely I hear you holler? Well here's my fool proof plan.

You see, what everybody else has done wrong, is they've picked the wrong numbers.

So what I plan to do, is pick the correct numbers.

Foolproof.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by kurtlives91
Ah good call...

Guess I'm the asshat now.

Don't worry, you can still live a perfectly normal and fulfilling life.
Quote by Todd Hart
Hey guys, I have a new life plan. What I'm going to do, is win the lottery. Impossible you say? Unlikely I hear you holler? Well here's my fool proof plan.

You see, what everybody else has done wrong, is they've picked the wrong numbers.

So what I plan to do, is pick the correct numbers.

Foolproof.

That made me chuckle

Don't let it happen again Todd

Quote by padgea7x
That made me chuckle

Don't let it happen again Todd

I sincerely apologise Padge, I will now go crawl of and commit autonomous fornification until I burst a capillary and have a haemorrhage.

Points for the meme.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Shinami

Yes, I considered that.

Just felt like posting that anyway.
You know what you guys...

You have no dreams stop being so bloody pessimistic about it, and I think you all missed the part where I said, I'M NOT SERIOUS about this.

For your information, I do love music. I think I would have a very dull life without my guitar. without listening to blazing solos from Marty Friedman, I would not have begun in it in the first place, I would not have learned to play guitar without music (well without Marty actually, who is a MUSICIAN)
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Quote by Eurozeppelin
You know what you guys...

You have no dreams stop being so bloody pessimistic about it, and I think you all missed the part where I said, I'M NOT SERIOUS about this.

For your information, I do love music. I think I would have a very dull life without my guitar. without listening to blazing solos from Marty Friedman, I would not have begun in it in the first place, I would not have learned to play guitar without music (well without Marty actually, who is a MUSICIAN)

Guess you didn't read my post...
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Page 1 of 2