A while ago a man died in a car crash at the end of my road. He drove into a pylon and crushed his car, mangling himself in the process, soon followed up by the pylon collapsing on the car and the guy getting electrocuted.

In the local newspaper there was a short report about it claiming that noone was hurt in the incident, even though this guy suffered a horrible death. The rest of the page it was on was adverts, something clearly wrong there don't you think?

If you wondered why I did this now its because I got reminded of it when I had to report an assault taking place a few houses away from me and I have a feeling the same thing will happen with this.
Quote by darkcheef
Money is more important than a guy dying.

Well in business anyway.

You'd think they'd at least be bothered enough to find out that the guy died though instead or reporting bullshit.
Are you sure that his death wasn't an advertisement?

An advertisement to not drive like a complete retard?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
Are you sure that his death wasn't an advertisement?

An advertisement to not drive like a complete retard?

They didn't say he died though, they said noone got hurt at all.
Quote by 剣 斧 血
You'd think they'd at least be bothered enough to find out that the guy died though instead or reporting bullshit.

I wouldn't if I was the boss

News papers around the country are loosing so much money now that they have to get as much cash as they can.
about a month ago in my town some guy who went to my school broke into a 76 year old woman's house and tried to rape her (link). It was only reported on the third page of the local paper, front page was some bullshit about planning permission or something
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by boreamor
Without the adverts, there would be no papers. I think your main concern is "Why was the article utter shite".

Also why it got 1/16 of a page.
Quote by 剣 斧 血
Also why it got 1/16 of a page.

Because it was one person? Giving it more space would give less room for adverts which means less money. It is simple business. Morals don't apply.
if papers want to sell, they need to print gruesome details of these kinds of stories. when the cause of death is mentioned in a paper's obits, i'm five times more likely to pick it up.
#DTWD
Quote by boreamor
Because it was one person? Giving it more space would give less room for adverts which means less money. It is simple business. Morals don't apply.

Yet the road being closed got more a longer article than the death?
Quote by 剣 斧 血

More people care about their commute rather than one dead guy.
How long should the article have been? A whole page? Should they have printed his whole life story? I really don't see why this matters so much to you. Yeah, they probably should have mentioned that he died instead of that nobody was hurt, but other than that I don't see the problem. His family and the important people in his life will mourn him, not a complete stranger who reads an article in the paper.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Well some things are given really small sections, i read the paper a couple of weeks back and there was a tiny section on a shootout between Mexican drug dealers and police, there were quite a few casualties but it still didn't get a very big section.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by 剣 斧 血
They didn't say he died though, they said noone got hurt at all.

Nobody did get hurt. He got killed.

And because when you see that somebodies died, the first thing you think is OMG JOB OPENING!!!!

I do anyway. I need a job.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by 剣 斧 血

And what would you want it to be a page long? "This man died in the most horrifying way possible, he tormented for hours before finally passing away, his balls were crushed and his face could not be recognized"

or just a simple "John Johnson, xx year old dude died last night in a car accident."

There's not that much to talk about. Man died in a car accident. That is all.
It mustve been a Shocking experience when that tower of metal Pyloned him!
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.