Page 1 of 2
so i work at a t-shirt shop and the other day we got these shirts in:
http://rockworldeast.com/store/Lil_Wayne_T-Shirt_Free_Weezy">Free Weezy

and after some digging i found out that "weezy" is lil wayne (i'm not overly familiar with rap, just classics like biggie, eazy e, ect.) and hes either in jail or going to jail "where he plans to continue making music"

all this, plus the paris hilton fiasco years ago and now lindsey lohan going to jail and all, have we finally reached the point where celebrities are being held accountable for their actions? and even if we have, it seems like its benefitting them and they're actually profiting from it in both rep and sales (i've sold so many of these "free weezy" shirts in the past few days)

whats your opinion of the matter? how accountable should we hold these public figures and should they be allowed to profit from their incarceration?
I expected a thread on a little singing penguin.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
No they're not, Linsey Lohan is only going to jail for 90 days (probably much less than that) and Paris Hilton only went to jail for like 30 days.
well the events that got lil wayne thrown in jail were pretty stupid actually.

apparently he was smoking weed on his tour bus, cops saw it and decided to search the bus for more weed. instead they found a gun on the bus and he's going to jail for possession of an unlicensed firearm.

i mean, he's an absolute idiot for having an unlicensed firearm on his bus, but the whole weed thing was just unlucky and a slight dick move on the cops part i think.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799

apparently he was smoking weed on his tour bus, cops saw it and decided to search the bus for more weed. instead they found a gun on the bus and he's going to jail for possession of an unlicensed firearm.

i mean, he's an absolute idiot for having an unlicensed firearm on his bus, but the whole weed thing was just unlucky and a slight dick move on the cops part i think.

Also maybe he won't be such a twat when he get's out.
Quote by Waterboy799

Actually the weed possession thing basically exists for that reason: probable cause.

Celebrities aren't at all being held responsible for their actions; the jail time is only a PR stunt.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by stratkat
A year in a jail seems harsh as hell for having a gun, and I'd say the cops were being dicks for searching in the first place.

I hate little wayne though.

It wasn't registered, that's why it's a year.
whatever he committed a crime, he has no need for a gun. i love weezy but its his fault for smoking weed and having a gun, i smoke but i accept the fact that if i get caught im in shit. making shirts to free a man for breaking the law is just stupid though.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
I dont like him so I hope he stays there. Plus I agree with that dude up there ^

Freeing a man for a crime he did is stupid. But Its America
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Lil Wayne broke the law in multiple ways. And he's a douche.
More than enough reason to let him rot in jail for roughly a year.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Lil' Wayne went to jail for a gun that may not have even been his.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Lil' Wayne went to jail for a gun that may not have even been his.

How could they prove it was his anyway? If it was unregistered then he could have just denied it belonged to him.
Quote by The_Casinator
Thank god we can't get arrested for having weed on us in The Netherlands.

Damn dutches with their legal weed and free blowjobs.
Quote by daytripper75
How could they prove it was his anyway? If it was unregistered then he could have just denied it belonged to him.

He was sipping too much cough syrup probably
i mean, prohibiting the use of drugs and regulations on the control of guns are both unconstitutional so ...

yeah. i'm being that guy.
#DTWD
Quote by Skagasm
whatever he committed a crime, he has no need for a gun. i love weezy but its his fault for smoking weed and having a gun, i smoke but i accept the fact that if i get caught im in shit. making shirts to free a man for breaking the law is just stupid though.

I agree with every word of this statement. I like Lil Wayne's music, but he needs to serve his sentence.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by daytripper75

Could be a million reasons, I really don't know the details.

Maybe because it was on a tour bus that belonged to him, maybe the police just don't like his music and thought they'd blame him.

It could be loyalty, he knows he'll get less jailtime as a celebrity than a crew member who can disappear.

Or it could be stupidity, and Lil' Wayne reckons that if he does a bit of time it will give him more depth as an artist.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
lindsey lohan seems to be taking her jail time less admirably than lil wayne is... and such a fiasco is being made about it. i saw an article on yahoo news about the notes she took during her hearing and how neat her handwritting is, i mean, come on.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Could be a million reasons, I really don't know the details.

Maybe because it was on a tour bus that belonged to him, maybe the police just don't like his music and thought they'd blame him.

It could be loyalty, he knows he'll get less jailtime as a celebrity than a crew member who can disappear.

Or it could be stupidity, and Lil' Wayne reckons that if he does a bit of time it will give him more depth as an artist.

Plus it's going to give him more hype and let people forget the abomination of Rebirth.
For what reasons would he have an unregistered gun on the bus for?

The dude is worth $75m and has bodyguards on him at all times. He has the money to hire people to guard him with arms. He doesn't need a gun of his own. So i don't get why he had that on him.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Quote by DirtyMakik
I expected a thread on a little singing penguin.

+1

I am disappointed.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
No this has been going on for years, I mean look at Nelson Mandela!

"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by primusfan
i mean, prohibiting the use of drugs and regulations on the control of guns are both unconstitutional so ...

yeah. i'm being that guy.

If by that guy you meant the correct guy then yea I'd say you're that guy.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Wow, the Pit must be really stumped with this: You can't hate on guns, AND the cops at the same time.

I for one, just hate lil wang.
Free Gucci, Free Weezy...what's next? I thought going to jail was a badge of honor for these idiots.
Check out my band Disturbed
it wasnt the first time he was found with a gun. a year or two ago he was arrested in boston for having a unlicensed gun and he was found with alot of weed so he deseves his
Quote by rgrockr
Actually the weed possession thing basically exists for that reason: probable cause.

Celebrities aren't at all being held responsible for their actions; the jail time is only a PR stunt.

Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
You would think that a multi-millionaire rap superstar would have no problem purchasing legal firearms.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
That's why he had an unlicensed firearm, going to jail would give him some credibility on tha streetz mayne.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
This happened in NYC, which has one of the most strictest laws against gun. Possession alone could get you 7 years. He pleaded guilty to "attempted possession" meaning he had direct access to the use of the unregistered gun.

And the drug laws here are more relaxed, 35$ for less than 10g on you. Might as well be in Europe...

^^ Weed that is.
Why should he be let out of jail if he clearly committed a crime? Because he's Lil Wayne? What about all of the other guys in jail, should they be let out?

**** that, let him rot in jail.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by TMF128 at Jul 12, 2010,
Page 1 of 2