Page 1 of 2
I just got a 12 string in near mint condition on ebay for 40£

Any tales of pitters getting steals on ebay?

I searched and there was none. I also *hope* that this is the best place for it (not a gear forum), I know its a guitar... but this is Ug!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
i got a letterpress and 15 fonts and 3 tins of ink for £50
now extra flamey
How much did you pay for shipping? Usually when the price seems too good they hide the rest of the price in the shipping.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
How much did you pay for shipping? Usually when the price seems too good they hide the rest of the price in the shipping.

eBay changed their policy so I don't think you can do that anymore - It was very annoying!

Well, I'm selling a Boss RC20-XL and it's up for £160 at the moment...
I will show pics when I get it next week Its a westone so its
is at least 26 years old.

And stop hyjacking my thread and give answers damnit! :P

And I am picking it up!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Dunlop Crybaby Wah, $26 total shipped overnight.

The poster ended up listing it some other category than guitar effects and spelled Wah wrong. He called it a Wha Wha pedal.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I got my Jackson DK2M off of ebay for $400. Only thing I had to do was setup the FR. I also sold my Boss DD-6, DS-1, and my old 10 watt practice amp on there for sale price or more Once I get a job sometime next year I'll be visiting Ebay a lot more often.
This is my signature... And yes this is the most original thing... ever.
Gear:
Guitars
Epiphone Dot
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG2EX1

Amps
Roland Cube 30X

Pedals
DOD FX25-B Envelope Filter
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Big Muff Pi
Quote by Spartan101400
Bought a Union Jack 3' x 5' off of Ebay for 0.89 dollars.

I got one too. It came free with a copy of the Prestige.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Ive only been ripped off by ebay. Like last summer when I tried to buy Final Fantasy VII but got a memory card instead. And when I tried to buy Pandemonium a week later and was sent the PAL version that doesnt work on my PS2. Although that was my fault, I should have read the fine print.
Anything people buy off me

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Found a pair of shorts on there for like 3$ when a few months earlier I paid around 15$ in a store for the same.

EDIT: Also, I got one of my guitars (Jackson DK2M) off there for $420

Fuck yeah eBay.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Last edited by CFH82 at Jul 9, 2010,
Schecter C-7+ = $350 shipped
G&L Tribute L-2500 = $400 shipped
Various CDs for under five dollars.
I bought my Vox 100 watt head for around $500.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Am I the only one that thought the title meant something else?
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Quote by UntilISleep
I didn't get it but a Mesa Mark IV in good condition just went for $540...

I wish I had money

Link please?

EDIT: I sold a 3 year old Squier affinity strat for $150 (my description of if was accurate so I didnt rip him off or anything)
Last edited by zaidsharifi at Jul 9, 2010,
Got my Orange Thunderverb 200 in black off ebay for £850. It was b-stock but in perfect condition. Costs £1525 in most online shops.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Last edited by HeavyReverb at Jul 9, 2010,
I've only used Ebay once, but it was for something I really wanted. Genghis Tron Dead Mountain Mouth in clear vinyl for like $30 after shipping. Considering its something I'd never find in a store, it was a pretty good price.
MATTERHORN
Hahaha I thought TS was claiming that eBay steals from people. I got Mac OS X Leopard for about $140, saved about 100 bucks over retail, not bad I think.
i know people whose gear has been stolen and placed on ebay if that counts.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
i know people whose gear has been stolen and placed on ebay if that counts.

I got my JPM for AU$1500, thats pretty good, but a few days ago a JPM P2 (rarer than my P4) went for $1200 I was going to buy it too
I managed to snag a docking station for my sister's laptop for £0.99 - the postage was about seven times that

Oh, and I bought a car stereo for £75 - JVC with iPod control, and they threw in a pair of 300w 6x9 speakers. I wasn't expecting much given that the unit alone was selling for £60, but these speakers are ASTONISHING! Sound quality is beautiful. I just wish I hadn't had the fascia stolen (thankfully it happened at work and the company paid out).

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
I recently bought a brand new £30 head set for £5 including postage! (won with a 99p bid)

One of my friend managed to get about £400 of WH40k stuff for £60 (not in one go but individual bids)

Another friend of mine won brand new copy of Reason 3 and a M-audio MIDI controller for £40 D:
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
I have many bargains up there atm including a Holy Grail reverb for £40
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i got a handmade telecaster neck fully finnished with grover tuners (why grover?) for 30 GBP.
i thought it was good =)
Quote by Stugg334
I just started writing a metal solo, and so far I have:

*Hit Lead Button On Mesa*
*Spread legs to width of 160cm*
*Perform facial expression akin to that of having a woodpecker chip away at your rectum*
*Practice scales*

My greencaster =)
Boss DD2 for £30, iPod Touch 32gb 3G for £120, probably a few more I can't think of.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
I got my 1996 Mustang GT in all but mint condition (small rip in driver's seat, a few missing interior trim pieces, needed new clutch) for $1,300. Kelly Blue Booked that car at $4,000, so I was like but in a happy way.
Boss MD-2 for £20
Boss DS-1 w/ keeley mod - £45
Boss GE-7 - £30
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
I got a Schecter Hellraiser, brand new for £330 delivered. Considering that they're about double that, pretty good.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by GaijinFoot
I got a Schecter Hellraiser, brand new for £330 delivered. Considering that they're about double that, pretty good.

Certified lurker
I got a QSC GX5 power amplifier for $350 after shipping, brand new. Only a $50 cut but meh, it means a lot to me :p
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
I got a couple Venom albums, one with more bonus tracks than the actual cd's tracks, for roughly 22$ inc postage
I was pretty proud of myself
Quote by rgrockr
I got one too. It came free with a copy of the Prestige.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Page 1 of 2