Right now I have an epiphone special ii and a 15 watt line 6 spider iii. I'm looking to get a new guitar or amp but honestly i know nothing about any of this, and i was wondering which i should get first. I play mostly metal... rock... punk... papa roach, story of the year, disturbed... XD and im trying not to spend more than about $300 on anything although id prefer less... but you get what you pay for i guess... sorry if i did something wrong im a noob here lol

thanks
Get a new amp, as your guitar is alright

For 300 dollars, you could get some pretty rockin' tone. I reccomend a Vox Valvetronix (ive actually tried these and they kick ass) or if you wanna go tube a used Peavey Valveking 112 should do
It really depends on how comfortable your guitar is to you. Do you find it difficult or uncomfortable to play at all? Regarding neck size, reaching upper frets, action etc..
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
O.o i think its really comfortable to play. i dont have any problems playing it.
Peavey Valveking 112 (used)

I promise you will not be disappointed

If you need to, get a used Ibanez TS7 or Boss SD1 or DigiTech Bad Monkey

Seriously, VKs rock
I agree with above. I just got a used Peavey Valveking of craigslist for 160 with the footswitch and pretty light wear on the tubes!!! I have the epi special 2 also but i mostly use my epi studio.
If I were you, I would look for a used peavey valveking 112 on craiglist and use the rest of the money for an EQ and TubeScreamer or save it up to buy a new guitar.
Randall - Any one will do. Its the best amp i've ever used - I've had my RG75 for 5 years now and it has never ever failed me, and i've done some pretty brutal gigs.

Its also REALLY versatile, I play blues, rock, metal, jazz and instrumental shred. Suits it all.

Guitarwise, a cheap bargain guitar is any Aria. Again' i bought this with the Randall, and it has never failed me (Aria MAC-40). Sounds are endless, coil tap, humbucker, single coil.....etc.

EDIT: The Randall was 200US new, the aria the same.
Last edited by toomanyguitarss at Jul 9, 2010,
i'd follow on my brothers suggestion and get a Valveking, if not that then probably something like a used DSL401 (i've seen these go for 300 b4, just be patient) although the VK112 will be more common and for all intents and purposes much better