Page 1 of 2
If you look throughout history, couples dancing has changed drastically... from the refined waltz and teasingly sensual tango, we have now almost universally digressed to grinding, at least among our generation. You're expected to half squat and dry hump friends, acquaintances, and even strangers when you 'dance' now.

I'm not necessarily putting down grinding, I'm just wondering where you guys think it will go next. Do you think society will find it acceptable to just have casual sex on the dance floor eventually? Do you think we'll have some big uproar about grinding and go back to doing the jitterbug or whatever the hell else people wanna do?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Soon enough, the black community will become too large to sustain itself, and implode. After that, all the reasonable people will go back to ballroom dancing and start at square one again.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
The word grinding brings back disappointing memories

I'm not sure where it would go next
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Fixed.

hell yes. +1

next form of dancing will involve everyone sitting in a space by themselves with a laptop, they will dance online. Quite literally the Electric Slide.
Quote by CoreysMonster
It'll be murder on the dancefloor, baby.

Better not kill the groove while we're at it
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I don't know if there's really anywhere else to go from that.

Penetration?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
we're not supposed to have casual sex on the dance floor?

I guess that explains my suspension from the school dance
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
hell yes. +1

next form of dancing will involve everyone sitting in a space by themselves with a laptop, they will dance online. Quite literally the Electric Slide.

unfortunately I must agree with you
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Let's have some fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick. - As one of the great philosophers of our time put it.

What you're describing has been around since the '80s. And tango's just as bad (for the lack of a better word), depending on the place you visit. No, I don't believe people will bone on the dance floor anytime soon, seeing as it's a pretty big jump from hinting at sexual acts to actually going for it. Just two different worlds, and I'll consider the possibility once I see heavy petting in public, not now though.

Or to put it differently: Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire. The dance routines you observed are to be expected.
Quote by TheQuailman
Let's have some fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick. - As one of the great philosophers of our time put it.

What you're describing has been around since the '80s. And tango's just as bad (for the lack of a better word), depending on the place you visit. No, I don't believe people will bone on the dance floor anytime soon, seeing as it's a pretty big jump from hinting at sexual acts to actually going for it. Just two different worlds, and I'll consider the possibility once I see heavy petting in public, not now though.

Or to put it differently: Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire. The dance routines you observed are to be expected.

You haven't seen heavy petting in public? I haven't been to a club in years and I see that shit regularly.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I just want to twirlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by doomded
You haven't seen heavy petting in public? I haven't been to a club in years and I see that shit regularly.

People are fingering their girlfriends in the clubs near you?
Quote by TheQuailman

Yes... hell, even at high school homecomings
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by TheQuailman

I've seen that happen in places less appropriate than in a club.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by vintage x metal

Hell, not even dances, sometimes that shit happens in the middle of class.

Not very often, but it's happened.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Hell, not even dances, sometimes that shit happens in the middle of class.

Not very often, but it's happened.

im ashamed to say that i've taken part in that during class before.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Couples will sprint at each other at full speed from across the room and smash their foreheads together. It's only a matter of time.
kill all humans
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by funkbass369
I've seen that happen in places less appropriate than in a club.

Well, then they'll whip out their dicks soon enough.

Sucky though, I don't want other peoples' sexuality in my face. It also devalues sex somewhat, imo.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Couples will sprint at each other at full speed from across the room and smash their foreheads together. It's only a matter of time.

They'll call it the Tricera-hop
They'll invent magnets on crotches soon. A positive sign on the man's groin, and a negative sign on the females.

Whoosh
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Slam Dancing 2.0
Quote by TheQuailman
Well, then they'll whip out their dicks soon enough.

Sucky though, I don't want other peoples' sexuality in my face. It also devalues sex somewhat, imo.

I agree, I dont know... if you can just dry hump anyone and in front of everyone, what's the point? Where was the chase and emotion in that? I dont have a problem with sexuality in general, but some subtlety would be nice.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by CoreysMonster
They'll call it the Tricera-hop

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

i've witnessed people screw while grinding. maybe there will just be a total reactionary movement and people will go back to swing dancing.
#DTWD
I prefer it when games progress smoothly. I hate having to grind some useless enemy for hours before I can take on the next gym leader, boss etc.

wait...
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by kaptink
It has moved on. Google daggering.

I did, and honestly, I have no idea what I just saw. It kind of basically just looked like rape with clothes on to me.

But on a dance floor, with some guy with that really annoying Jamaican accent screaming "AAAAH, BLOOD CLOT, *SOMETHINGSOMTHING" PON UP IN DA CLOT BLOOD", or something to that effect.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jul 9, 2010,
Couples will dance at arm's length, keeping their feet less than four inches off the ground, and women will not be allowed to show off their ankles.
Quote by Mack56
the next step is daggering. look it up

it just looks like anal rape
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Quote by crazy8rgood
I did, and honestly, I have no idea what I just saw. It kind of basically just looked like rape with clothes on to me.

But on a dance floor, with some guy with that really annoying Jamaican accent screaming "AAAAH, BLOOD CLOT, *SOMETHINGSOMTHING" PON UP IN DA CLOT BLOOD", or something to that effect.

Yeah, it's sort of the new big thing in dancehall. Those lyrics are hilarious.

"Bloodclot" is pretty much the Jamaican equivalent to "shit" used as an exclamation, by the way.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jul 9, 2010,
Page 1 of 2