I gave the order for this lovely guitar to be built in mid may, and a long tense wait started

It was a giant leap of faith, but to be honest 100% worth it. This guitar is fantastic

Review:

Looks: 10/10
This guitar has a Neck- Through Maple neck, alder body and a Claro Walnut top. The top looks amazing. Normally, I like meself a gnarly and twisty walnut top, but this time I was going for a more classy look and Carvin definitely delivered!

Sound: 9/10
I don't understand why so many people complain about Carvins' pick ups. The pickups I chose for this guitar (S22s) sound very smooth, sweet and have a vintage wibe. They sound amazing for a more vintage tone. They are also perfect for the kind of melodic metalish music I enjoy playing. While I understand that they probably aren't powerful enough for most people to play their br00talz music, they are more than good enough for some more vintage stuff like Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth. The pick ups are also very defined and sound very well balanced. I love them =]

Playability: 10/10
This guitar plays amazingly, the action is low and the neck is like butter. Ergonomically, it's perfect. Bends are easy and smooth with the stainless steel frets as well as the 14inch radius. Very play able and probably much better than anything I've played before my self.

In conclusion, this really is an amazing guitar and I definitely recommend Carvin. You get a massive load of customization for massive value, and the end product is pretty amazing. Worth trying

By zomgdonuts at 2010-07-09

That things gorgeous, how about a whole guitar shot?!

And I can't even imagine waiting for two months. The excitement must have been through the roof.

HNGD!!

EDIT: Holy cow im fast.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Great. Now I have to go get a napkin to clean up this mess.

I jizzed. VERY nice. VERY HNGD.

EDIT: Just curios. How much did that beauty cost?

DOUBLE EDIT: I see you like Dream Theater. Check out Aghora. It's some pretty sweet stuff. Aghora - Mahayana
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jul 9, 2010,
My god, that thing is beautiful
HNGD!!!
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I can honestly say with 100% sincerity that that Carvin is one of the nicest guitars I've ever seen.

The natural contrast between the maple and the walnut is literally perfect. ANd the gold hardware is a perfect match.

Absolutely fantastic. You're a lucky lucky guitarist.
Great. Now I have to go get a napkin to clean up this mess.

I jizzed. VERY nice. VERY HNGD.

EDIT: Just curios. How much did that beauty cost?

DOUBLE EDIT: I see you like Dream Theater. Check out Aghora. It's some pretty sweet stuff. [/URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v1RpbZIzyA]Aghora - Mahayana

Hmm, from Carvin it cost me around $1300 + 100 in shipping to Canada =]
well worth it and then above, I can assure you

Alright, I'll give them a listen when I can, thank you

Heres some full bodied shots, sorry for the bad lighting. I need to take some out door pictures when it's not so rainy

nice! that thing looks amazing. makes me want to try carvin next project instead of warmoth... i especially love the gold hardware. normally i'm not a fan, but it's perfect here. and the pickup cover without screws is awesome. great detail!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Nice axe!

You should post these pictures over at the Carvin forums if you haven't already.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
That is one beautiful guitar..... HNGD!!!!!!!!
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
I love carvins, shame they raised the prices loads in the UK
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
oh wow, that is so nice. Awesome!

^ yeah, i think flibble said they tripled the prices or something like that?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is that gold fret wire? NICE.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
These are pictures in BAD lighting? It really IS an astoundingly beautiful instrument! Maybe you shouldn't take the outdoor pictures, I may be tempted to steal it while you're snapping the shots.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
the one thing that looks nicer than that new iron maiden album's artwork, is that guitar, HNGD!
Eh.
Beautiful new guitar mate! I've been looking into a Carvin myself, how was the waiting time while they were building it, and what kind of finish do you have on the neck?

As for the pickups, the S22's, to my knowledge, were introduced within the last year or two, so most of the complaints about them predate the new pickups. Get some clips though, let us all hear!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
wow $1300 plus shipping? i was pricing something with warmoth last week and it was turning out to be more than that. maybe ill just skip warmoth and get a carvin! that is one beautiful peice of koa right there! (the top is koa, right?)

this is the first carvin ive seen with the covered pups. i like the look of their uncovered pups with all the screws on top haha. but the gold covers and all gold hardware for that matter is an excellent choice!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

The more pictures you put up, the more I die inside.

Happy NGD!

As well, anyone who doesn't like the pickups because they're not brutal enough are probably idiots.
Quote by SYLrules88
wow $1300 plus shipping? i was pricing something with warmoth last week and it was turning out to be more than that. maybe ill just skip warmoth and get a carvin! that is one beautiful peice of koa right there! (the top is koa, right?)

this is the first carvin ive seen with the covered pups. i like the look of their uncovered pups with all the screws on top haha. but the gold covers and all gold hardware for that matter is an excellent choice!

Read again, it's walnut. Plus, Koa has more of a honey/amber color to it.

Sexy ass guitar HNGD! Post clips ASAP.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
That's a gorgeous guitar. I'm quite surprised by the price. It's hard to beat Carvin in that department.

HNGD
Carvin has an amazing price, one of the reasons for choosing them.

yay, UP THE IRONS, yes I did go to the concert where I got the poster in Toronto on the 3rd. Amazing concert.

Yep, it's a Claro Walnut top =]

I'll make some recordings when maybe I don't suck too much and maybe when I have some more time (summer home renovations/improvements going on here)

I'm happy you are all appreciating this guitar, it really is amazing. And it looks even better in real life
Nice man, I was hoping to save up for a carvin one day.
Quote by MrFlibble
Zakk Wylde actually uses four MGs on stage. One set to crushing overdrive, one set to brutal distortion, one set to crushingly brutal distortion, and the fourth set to brutally crushing overdrive.

Krank Distortion Pedal!!!!
Quote by ZOMGdonuts
Carvin has an amazing price, one of the reasons for choosing them.

yay, UP THE IRONS, yes I did go to the concert where I got the poster in Toronto on the 3rd. Amazing concert.

Yep, it's a Claro Walnut top =]

I'll make some recordings when maybe I don't suck too much and maybe when I have some more time (summer home renovations/improvements going on here)

I'm happy you are all appreciating this guitar, it really is amazing. And it looks even better in real life

Right on Up the Irons dude we should totally chill :P:

Tell me you got the tour shirt too. The one with Eddie crashing through the Vancouver Olympics logo?
Quote by siverstorm
Right on Up the Irons dude we should totally chill :P:

Tell me you got the tour shirt too. The one with Eddie crashing through the Vancouver Olympics logo?

That'd be awesome
hmm, I got the other one, the one with the new Eddies face on it =S

MORE PICS...still in bad lighting, but yeah

Yes, that is another Maiden (AMOLAD) and Chuck Norris poster =D

Decided to open her up =]

I'm no expert, but it looks really really really neat to me =)

Last edited by ZOMGdonuts at Jul 9, 2010,
Friend req totally sent

Also, nice , if I find space in my overly postered room I will one day fit a Dance of Death poster in there :P:
Oh
My
God

That walnut is freaking flawless! Such a classy guitar. I might have to check out Carvin too now... HNGD!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.