I took guitar classes last year in my school last year and now that it's the summer, I've been growing steadily worse no matter how hard i practice, i still remember chords, scales, how to read sheet music and tabs, and such, but now the quality is going downhill.

can anyone explain to me why this is and how to fix it??? (except for paying for classes)
what's this I don't even
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Learn songs that interest u, and research the style u wanna play. Dont just count on school to teach u. Expand ur knowledge urself.
Well Basically you're a fail. I don't even know where to begin. Try taking up knitting or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Practice practice practice. Lock up your daughter, lock up your wife, lock up your backdoor, and practice, practice, practice.
Quote by Baraga
Practice practice practice. Lock up your daughter, lock up your wife, lock up your backdoor, and practice, practice, practice.
What if he has a son? Or TWO daughters? Or a girlfriend? Or a BOYFRIEND!?

Also, just practice, man...
Just practice, and it might be that since there isn't any competition between you and other people that may have stopped motivating you
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by KevinFreund
Well Basically you're a fail. I don't even know where to begin. Try taking up knitting or something.

In all seriousness, you basically battle this by using & expanding your current skills
Quote by Baraga

I see wut u did there

TS: Look at this as an opportunity to really jump into specific areas that interest you, but haven't really been taken up too much in class. Make everybody else drop their jaws when you go back in fall!
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Quote by KevinFreund

Thats the worst thing I have seen written in these forums..

What you need to do is address the issue - YOU KNOW your getting sloppy, and I agree with a previous post about competitive playing - you lack competition or is it just that competition was your only motivator?

Gotta find your sound - find the soul in the guitar and play it.. Otherwise why play? Practice what you know, then click on lessons at the top of the site and practice something new - Apply what you already know to something completely random. Write your own practice. Find a motivator - play with a friend, what if you went back to school next year and blew them all out of the water from what you learned from this site? Practice makes perfect - Use a metronome!! Eat Vanilla wafers with a touch of banana pudding, then practice again.. When you get sloppy take a shower, take a short break, take your mind off of it - Because frankly, frustration leads to sloppy playing. Gotta pick up your guitar with a relaxed confident feeling in order to progress. Now get out there, be the guitar, and play with yourself.........
I didn't think you could get worse at guitar, I've only heard of people getting better, anyway. You might be practicing stuff that you're not ready for, try practicing the same stuff you already know until you get it perfect and other things will come around. I play a ton of metal at least 3 hours daily so my hands know the guitar pretty well and I've been playing faithfully for about 2 years now. So when I pick up my guitar, I start playing riffs that I've written already and then I kind of let my hands go dancing around on the neck and usually a bunch of cool riffs come out. And this is all from playing stuff I already know. Just my .02 oh and do what the guy above me said, I put my guitar down for about 30min when I'm getting frustrated.
Considering the fact that you are practicing often, and already know how to play, it is probably something related to your "mindset" that is screwing you up.

I suggest you take a break for a few days, and then come back.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.