Okay so I looked at a lot of threads, but none of them fit my needs specifically.

So basically, I want to build just a plank style type pedal board, which is also POWERED. I want to keep it very low budget, because I don't like spending money (go figure). It needs to be able to fit a Wah pedal, and about 3 to 5 other pedals. And like I said, it needs to be powered. If you can, I need a list of what to get, and building it I can make a separate thread if needed.

Thanks a bunch, and if you can...try and keep it under $35 USD ....not including wood, which should be realitively cheap.

If there is no way I can do a powered one for 35, let me know!

Thanks!

EDIT: And for velcro, will this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-inch-5-yds-Black-Sew-Hook-and-Loop-Velcro-Style-/250371683260?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a4b50b3bc
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jul 9, 2010,
maybe get a visual sound 1 spot adapter, it can power all of your pedals though you would need to buy the splitter thing as well
Quote by LeviMan_2001
I just got a 12v adapter with a 1amp rating. I'll knock that down with a voltage regulator chip (7809) and hopefully that should be enough to power a pedal board I'm scheming up right now.

Oh yeah, look at thrift stores, my power brick was 75 cents haha

Is it something like this?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15989
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Please people, Help me!
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Yes like that. But for pedals you're gonna want a 9VDC adapter, unless you plan on building a power regulation circuit as well (limiting you to 1A of output)
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Right, what /\ he said. I just got a 12V one because it has good mA and it was only 75 cents at a thrift store. Seriously, go to thrift stores, they'll have this type of thing. See if you can find one there, it'll be super cheap.

You mean like a dollar store?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
No, a store like goodwill where they have used stuff. I don't think dollar stores would stock wall adapters.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Zamorak
No, a store like goodwill where they have used stuff. I don't think dollar stores would stock wall adapters.

Hmm ill check, thanks

Anyone else?!!?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
You can make your pedalboard like mine

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh201/polishedbullet/?action=view&current=IMG_3576.jpg&newest=1

This build is still in progress. I am in the middle of painting it and then I only have to add accessories such as latches and corner protectors. All in all it's a little bit under or around $100.

Paint adds a good deal of cash to the build, so if you can leave it unfinished I'd go for it.

And by the way, if you can't notice it holds 5-6 BOSS sized pedals and a wah comfortably.
Wait what, are you joking? A wooden box nearing $100? Paint adding a ton?

Please tell me thats a joke.

Raw wood costs next to nothing, and you can get paint and primer for about $8.

If you have $100 to blow on a DIY pedal board get some nice plastic or a ATA case instead...
I got birch plywood for free.
-Then I add red primer, black primer, flat black base, burgundy gloss base, and clear coat.
-In addition to that, I bought 8 brass corner covers, 4 brass latches, and a heavy duty handle.

The paint is what tacked on to the price the most. I'm not exactly sure if it is $100, but now that I think about it, it's probably closer to $75 or so.

I'd rather have a custom-made case to my specs (color, accessories, sizes, etc) than spend $100+ on a case that is "tolerable".

Plus, my parents opted to fund this project (odd, I know - I pay for all my shit), so why not jump on the opportunity?
Haha I gotcha! Yeah when you're using that many layers of paint it can get pretty costly, especially with clear coats. I know whatcha mean bout parent funded adventures. Nice!
Well that looks a lot more difficult than i imagined.

Im just looking at a plank style one. maybe 24"x18" or something im not sure. I dont need it to be at an angle or anything.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Bump, can anyone help me out with the electronics? I think I know what I'm going to do for everything else, but I need to know how to power 6 pedals as cheap as possible.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!