Page 1 of 2
So , I failed english honors class and my parents are threatening to make me take off Guitar 1 from my class schedule.

I didn't get held back, I only failed English.
Every other class (all honors) I have A's in.

But for this one F they plan to take my guitar,guitar class(school),phone,art class, the "privilege" that they let me in a band( I do the recording work and do lead guitar, I carry equipment and set everything up.),and my wii, and television.

All we are taught in English honors is who the author of "To Kill A Mockingbird" is.

My end of year GPA is 3.2

I've taken guitar lessons for 3 years beforehand at $75/month.

so , Is this right?

edit: I didn't do 2 assignments. I got 95% on all other assignments.
I just forgot to turn those papers in :|
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Last edited by shanchett99 at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by shanchett99
All we are taught in English honors is who the author of "To Kill A Mockingbird" is.

And you couldn't answer that, TS?

edit:^^^ffffffffff-
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
If I were your father I'd sell your ass to a Somali slaver.
Suck it up consider yourself blessed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jon777
And you failed? Sorry, bro, you deserve it.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
Quote by Jon777

Harsh, but either he's right or you'r spouting some bullshit here. All A's and somehow you get an F in English? Assuming that all you are telling the truth not only about your grades in your other classes but the egnlish curriculum as well, I don't see how you could fail a class centered around a novel at a seventh grade reading level at best...
Quote by Jon777

you fail for looking like a clown from slipknot
I forgot to turn in 2 assignments.
plus, i don't do many notes.
so my 2 pages of notes/week wasn't good enough.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
My parents would have disowned me if I ever got an F in high school.

Suck it up, could be worse, they just want you to succeed, yadda yadda.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by shanchett99
So , I failed english honors class and my parents are threatening to make me take off Guitar 1 from my class schedule.

But for this one F they plan to take my guitar,guitar class(school),phone,art class, the "privilege" that they let me in a band( I do the recording work and do lead guitar, I carry equipment and set everything up.),and my wii, and television.

so , Is this right?

And... how the fuck did you manage that?
Quote by shanchett99

You failed because you didn't turn in two assignments? How big of a grade were they?

Edit:
Quote by shanchett99

Wat
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Last edited by ricanboyguitar at Jul 9, 2010,
Quote by ricanboyguitar
You failed because you didn't turn in two assignments? How big of a grade were they?

combined they were around 35% or so of my total grade.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by shanchett99

So only two assignments accounts for like fifty percent of your grade...?

Again, not buying it... Unless you were stupid enough to not turn in two research papers or something like that...
Quote by L2112Lif
I've done worse. Tell your parents that their parenting is going to breed a serial killer.

This, seriously. I've never heard of such a ridiculous overreaction, just tell them what you told us, if they don't change your mind, just reach for a knife slowly and deliberately.
Quote by shanchett99

so , Is this right?

1st bolded bit: I would say you do too much for someone who is failing an important subject.

2nd bolded bit: Not being taught shouldn't stop you from getting good grades. I was barely taught Chemistry and History at GCSE and I got a B and an A, respectively, because I took some initiative and learned on my own.

3rd bolded bit: That is a ridiculous reason for you to fail, by your use of the word "forgot" you're trying to pretend you did them, but in pupil language that means, "I didn't work hard enough and need a convenient excuse."
To be honest, your parents taking everything from you is the wrong thing to do, in my experience depriving a pupil of any sort of happiness is not the best way to motivate them, but I can understand their concern, English is one of the main subjects so failing it completely is not good at all.

What I would do now: Pretty much grovel to your parents, promise them you'll work harder and actually do it for real, and maybe they'll let you keep your priviledges, if not then it's just kinda tough, and might convince you to work harder next term.
one question though.... TC do you go to a public school or a private school? Just thought I'd ask...

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention that the reason I'm asking is because I've known some preppy kids before whose parents paid for them to go to private school and then they flunked out like this. If I was payin' ten grand for my kid to go to school and he "forgot to turn something in" I would flip shit too if he did it enough to fail a class...
Last edited by eds1275 at Jul 9, 2010,
On one hand it sounds extreme, on the other hand I don't understand how people fail classes. Bare minimum is SO easy.

:/
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I have to say though its funny how many parents try to be hardcore on raising their kids. Then when they grow up they never go to college or they do and get a degree. And lmao at how many people i know with a degree but never worked in the industry they majored in. My suggestion TC is rebel you have 1 F and higher then 3.0 GPA your doing fine. My father has his bachelors in criminal justice from Florida international university and he hasn't used it for a job since I'm like 5 and I'm 21 now. I also know tons of other people like that still paying college debt for the longest but yet to work in something they major in. Not to say it doesn't give you greater chances though. But i also know people with degree who are dumb as rocks and anyone could clearly see that got by with money.

To me it just sounds like a living hell of shining shoes is how your being raised might as well start driving tanks and practice shining shoes to ehh
Last edited by needler420 at Jul 9, 2010,
I fail math like every year (because it's pointless and I can't be bothered) and I don't lose any privileges :p

But it's just the way your parents are raising you, it seems like a fair punishment to them, and there's nothing you can do to change that. Besides begging, running away, mind control, or murder!
How does one go about failing the language they speak?

I think you deserve it
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by rockfan7
I fail math like every year (because it's pointless and I can't be bothered) and I don't lose any privileges :p

But it's just the way your parents are raising you, it seems like a fair punishment to them, and there's nothing you can do to change that. Besides begging, running away, mind control, or murder!

Ya, math is pointless
You fail every year since there are no consequences if you do
Quote by rockfan7

As an engineering student, seeing this makes me want to hit a baby seal on the head with a baseball bat.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

You 18? *checks profile* Born in '95. Your parents OWN you until you turn 18. They can do whatever the fuck they see fit, even if the rest of the planet thinks its going completely overboard. If you dont like it, get a job and emancipate yourself.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by needler420
I have to say though its funny how many parents try to be hardcore on raising their kids. Then when they grow up they never go to college or they do and get a degree. And lmao at how many people i know with a degree but never worked in the industry they majored in. My suggestion TC is rebel you have 1 F and higher then 3.0 GPA your doing fine. My father has his bachelors in criminal justice from Florida international university and he hasn't used it for a job since I'm like 5 and I'm 21 now. I also know tons of other people like that still paying college debt for the longest but yet to work in something they major in. Not to say it doesn't give you greater chances though. But i also know people with degree who are dumb as rocks and anyone could clearly see that got by with money.

To me it just sounds like a living hell of shining shoes is how your being raised might as well start driving tanks and practice shining shoes to ehh

I bet THIS guy got an F in English too, amirite??
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by zippidyduda
As an engineering student, seeing this makes me want to hit a baby seal on the head with a baseball bat.

But it's true, I see no points in "Math", do you see any?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by zippidyduda

maybe its cuz its late, but I cracked up at this so much. just a visualization of a man savagely beating a baby seal.

but yeah TS, I mean, that's totally rough. just make a huge scene and hope to god they'll let you go. short of running off, you can't really FORCE them to do anything, till your older anyways.
has a terrible signature.
As someone who speaks English as a native language, seeing this makes me want to hit a baby seal on the head with a baseball bat.
As someone who likes hitting baby seals on the head with a baseball bat, seeing this makes me want to hit a baby seal on the head with a baseball bat.

amidoinrite guise?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Quote by damian_91
But it's true, I see no points in "Math", do you see any?

There are plenty of points in math... in geometric math, anyway!

I'll see myself out.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by damian_91
As someone who likes hitting baby seals on the head with a baseball bat, seeing this makes me want to hit a native speaker of the English language on the head with a baseball bat.

I think that's better.
Quote by zippidyduda
There are plenty of points in math... in geometric math, anyway!

I'll see myself out.

Lame jokes are the best
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by shanchett99

You forgot 2 assignments and you failed? Sounds like you're lying to yourself to make yourself feel better. How do you get all A's and one F, yet you say the class you got an F in was too easy?

I'm not justifying their punishment, taking away music and art is more like a crime than a punishment, but sounds like you've been doing some serious slacking.
Page 1 of 2