I have one that I might be able to get very cheaply, like 40 bux or whatever.

I'd really like to try a strat or tele and use it more than my ibanez metal contraption. Can I get amazing sound out of it? If I replaced everything I needed to that is... pickups, nut, tuners, tremolo (maybe?), and anything else you might help me think of?

If so, I don;t want to spend an insane amount of money either... I just want a great sounding axe that will give me dirty amazing neckish cleans like Radiohead or something.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Depends on what kind of Squire it is.

If it is a standard and anything ↑, Yes

If it is an affinity or on of those "Stop Dreaming, Start Playing" squiers, forget about it.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Can you make it sound amazing? Yes.

Is it worth it to upgrade a Squier? No.

For the price of new pickups, and a new bridge, you're better off looking else where.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
A buddy of mine has a Squier Strat that I think plays just as well as my US Fender Strat. I think his was around $300 new, so it was one of the higher end Squiers. I don't know if the same would apply to their low end guitars, but for $40 I say grab it anyways.
Guitar: Fender Strat (SD Hot Rails in bridge, SD lil 59 in neck)
Effects: GUITAR> TU-2>WH-IV>CS-3>OC-2>GCB-95>TS-808> AMP -=- FX Loop: NS-2>CE-5>DD-6>DOD fx-42b
Amp: Marshall DSL50 w/Mercury Magnetics Choke/OT
Can you make it sound amazing? Yes Is it worth it to upgrade a Squier? No For the price of new pickups, and a new bridge, you're better off looking else where

Ditto.

I would do it for the fun of it anyway. Make the best squier ever! Woohoo!
In that case, no thanks... i'll stick with a tele or an sg then.. can't decide D: I need to pay a visit to my music store.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.