I just found out my guitar is a

IS1012793

Which means Indonesia, Samick, and made in 1993

I also found out that means it was made with plywood as opposed to basswood

anything else I should know about it then? I hear older Squiers are a lot better than modern ones, I just wanna know why
It's the Made in USA/Made in Japan Squiers that are so desirable, which were made up until 1991.

Sorry to disappoint you, but yours isn't special...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
It's the Made in USA/Made in Japan Squiers that are so desirable, which were made up until 1991.

Sorry to disappoint you, but yours isn't special...

to me its special, its the oldest and best guitar I've ever owned

Other than being plywood body tho, does ANYTHING make it different from modern stratocasters? I noticed it has a missing whammy bar (but the whole for it is there), is that normal for a '93 Squier?
ya the difference is that your guitar is made in asia. really cheap. made out of the worst wood possible. It shares this in common with most other modern squires. except the made in japan/usa ones and except for the affinity ones.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by B.Renegades
does ANYTHING make it different from modern stratocasters?

Nope. Exact same except the wood. I read on here that guitar woods don't make any difference anyway so basically you have a $1,000 modern strat.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Nope. Exact same except the wood. I read on here that guitar woods don't make any difference anyway so basically you have a $1,000 modern strat.

oh ya. +1. most people can't tell the difference anyway.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
This really belongs in Electric Guitar. The empty hole isn't anything special. The tremolo bar on all fender trem bridges screws out of it.

If you really want it to to be special, just think, the 12 year old who made your guitar is probably around 30 years old now!