I need some help w/ ezDrummer on Cubase 5. Its easy to drag and drop beats into cubase. If a have a certain beat pattern that covers 4 beats, how do i cut that in half in order to cover only 2 beats? Like if i only want half of the pattern so i can attach a fill or something? Also, once i do that, how do i add another like 2 beat pattern to fill up the last half of the measure?
Right click, choose the split tool (the little scissors), split your beat where you want it, then erase/delete the section you don't want. Make sure the snap isn't on grid only.

Hope that helps.
Ok thanks. That sounds alot better then how i was working it. I'll give it a try.
Hey that worked, but i still have a dilemma. Let's say the beat sample is 8 beats long ( two measures in 4/4 ), I can split the track at beat 0, 4, and 8. How do i split it at like beat 2, 3, 5, 6, or 7, the ones that dont start and end the measure?
You should be able to split it anywhere you want as long as "Snap" is turned OFF.
Look for a button on top that looks like this...

>|<

It should say "Snap On/Off" when you hover your pointer over it. Make sure it's OFF, then you can splice anywhere.
Dude, thank you so much! Haha, thats like a lifesaver for me. Doesnt seem like much to you, but i couldnt figure that out for the longest time. (Im new to self recording). So thank you for the help. Last thing. Is there a quick was to copy/paste besides going into edit everytime? I guess just hot keys?
Control+C = Copy
Control+V = Paste
Control+X = Cut
...ect

Most windows hotkeys work in Cubase editing.

Glad I could help. Have fun dude!
Ok awesome. Sorry about all the questions lol. But it looks like im finally ready to get into recording. Thanks man!
Quote by Nickster29
Ok awesome. Sorry about all the questions lol. But it looks like im finally ready to get into recording. Thanks man!

Nothing I enjoy more than helpin out someone in need. I've had to ask tons of questions myself and know I gotta pay it forward. Anytime dude.