how important are putting the type of tuners and bridge (hardware) when guitar shopping? Usually i only look at pickups, neck type and if its a fr or not. like are die cast tuners as good as grover and is it worth the extra money? or like earvana nut and regular nut? also so i dont have to start another thread but if i get a guitar with active pups is it easy to change them to passive pups?
Tuners won't matter a whole bunch, just as long as they're quality to begin with. If you're buying a decent guitar, it should come with good tuners and other hardware.

I've never used an Earvana, but one thing to keep in mind - some of those special nuts require a special tuner.

If you can solder and can follow a wiring diagram, you can change your pups. If you have no idea how to do either, pay someone to do it for you.
i dont know how to check wether the tuners are stable on a non floyd guitar i just check if they are smoothturning or not
the nut i dont really care as usually replace with bone anyway unless locking
and going back to passives isnt much harder than changing from passives to active pup
if you want passive pickups... i'd just get a guitar with passives to start with, it's a headache to switch from passive to active and vice versa unless you've done it a few times. as far as tuners. it's DEFINITELY worth the extra, what? $30usd to get grover/schaller/ yadah yadah 18:1 ratio tuning heads. die cast tuners go out of tune so bad. bone nut>plastic.
Quote by supersac
i dont know how to check wether the tuners are stable on a non floyd guitar i just check if they are smoothturning or not
the nut i dont really care as usually replace with bone anyway unless locking
and going back to passives isnt much harder than changing from passives to active pup

Its harder to change from active to passive!
if it has a locking nut the tuner stability becomes pretty irrelevant. If it's a normal nut it matters heaps. Most guitars seem to have decent tuners. Gotoh pretty much put an end to the dodgey old tuners. When you could get quality tuners like Gotoh so cheap it sort of cut the legs out from under the dodgey makers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
When you going for the guitar shopping that time you have to decide which guitar you want. Many types of guitar is available in market. Many other things also you have to see, guitar shopping time.