HI, so im new, and just have a question about tabs. ya kno when you're looking at chords or something, and in the little tab box, it say "1 fr" or "4 fr"...what does that mean? because those chords never sound right!!!! help me pleaseeeeee
an example is in this song http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/k/klaus_badelt/hes_a_pirate_crd.htm
the Bb chords has that...HOW DO I PLAY IT?!?!? thanks in advance

***Link fixed by mod***
butttttttt, it always has a solid line goin down the first fret thingy, and it says "1 fr" so does it mean that the fret with the solid line is the first fret or what...it really confuses me/never sounds right
you bar the entire first fret, and use your other three fingers to fret the Bb. Its an A major shape..
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
use your pointer finger to hold down all six strings, or in this case, just ADGBE strings

also consider taking lessons, either online and teach yourself through videos...or with a teacher.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.