Well, Im bored, and been wanting to do some programming, and I need some ideas for some projects to do. Anyone have any ideas for some useful programs? (No application plugins/extension please)
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Jobforashredder
make a program that makes programs

Not a good idea.

Make a program that creates program ideas?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
-_-'....

Serious ideas please?
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
-_-'....

Serious ideas please?

Quote by darkcheef
Make an iPhone app that tells you when you're hungry.

Do it.
You could try to make one of those amp simulation programs.
Okay, let me be a little more clear, Im looking for ideas for PC applications, not any other devices.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Okay, let me be a little more clear, Im looking for ideas for PC applications, not any other devices.

Make a PC app that tells you when you're hungry.
Make a computer app that is self-aware BUT completely obedient to humans.

EDIT: Also make an app that can accurately predict lottery numbers.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jul 10, 2010,
Make a program that makes other programs, BUT THEN make a program that makes programs with the power to destroy programs that make other programs (just in case).
Make a program that allows you to synchronize computers as long as they share the same OS. It'd enable you to do a lot of things some good some bad
Develop some way you can connect two or more computers so that they can access certain information between them.
Make a program that can quickly test if a subset of numbers can be added together to make 0. For instance, [10,3,-5,0,-8,13] is true. [1,-8,3,4,54,100] is false.

Then publish the results, because you just solved P=NP.
Quote by rgrockr
Develop some way you can connect two or more computers so that they can access certain information between them.

Already done, on Mac there's a thing called share screen where you can control and see the other persons screen if you know their log in password and they didn't turn off share screen.
Quote by darkcheef
Already done, on Mac there's a thing called share screen where you can control and see the other persons screen if you know their log in password and they didn't turn off share screen.

lol I was actually trying to describe the internet.
Quote by rgrockr
lol I was actually trying to describe the internet.

What is this internet that you speak of
Quote by darkcheef
What is this internet that you speak of

It's witchcraft! Some people claim that through a magic box they can communicate with anyone anywhere in the world!
Quote by rgrockr
It's witchcraft! Some people claim that through a magic box they can communicate with anyone anywhere in the world!

Shenanigans!!!

What will they come out with next, harnessing electronic molecules to make a thing called electricity
Quote by Dirge Humani
Make a program that can quickly test if a subset of numbers can be added together to make 0. For instance, [10,3,-5,0,-8,13] is true. [1,-8,3,4,54,100] is false.

Then publish the results, because you just solved P=NP.

Am I missing something that would make this difficult? Or is it just a matter of doing it quickly?
Quote by Dirge Humani
Humans have no trouble doing it quickly. Computers, however, do.

I see, good to know.
Quote by Pinto111
Just like shaving

I don't even...what is this?

About time someone actually suggested something. I don't know what language you want to use, but if it's something along the lines of visual basic you could make some board games. I tried to make the Japanese game of 'go' once, didn't finish it though...

Edit: Just remembered; if you're still in high school try making some programs dealing with quadratic equations, like solving for x or y given the other variables. Should make homework a bit easier
Last edited by 6StringSlaughtr at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by zippidyduda
Learn C#, seriously. Download Microsoft Visual C# Express if you can, then go through the lessons here: http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp.html

You'll be glad you did.

I already know C#. Im not a fan of Windows, or .NET. Im using Python.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by 6StringSlaughtr
I don't even...what is this?

About time someone actually suggested something. I don't know what language you want to use, but if it's something along the lines of visual basic you could make some board games. I tried to make the Japanese game of 'go' once, didn't finish it though...

Edit: Just remembered; if you're still in high school try making some programs dealing with quadratic equations, like solving for x or y given the other variables. Should make homework a bit easier

Im not in school, Im just wanting to make something useful for fun. :|
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Dirge Humani
Humans have no trouble doing it quickly. Computers, however, do.

I mean I'm no programmer, but I don't think it would be that difficult? If I had my laptop booted up, I would try a quick java to do it. The set would be an integer array and there would be a loop that adds every element together (simple) and if that total equals zero, it would be correct.

I don't see how difficult that is.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....