Hey guys,

Some dude is selling a Squier II that has been completely taken apart, in pieces so no possibility of jamming her to see... Difficult to get specs on these Squier II's though, like body solid? etc... Basically I'd just like to know if they are sweet guits? And worth the facelift...

Since I have the British Racing Green squier too, it may be a little self indulgent (especially as I am primarily an acoustic guitarist) - but I'm pretty keen to mess around to mod up some sweet squiers.

See pics (the guy painted the scratch plate, not too sure I dig the look but can change that) -

Many thanks
"Try to realize it's all within yourself, no one else can make you change. And to see you're really only very small, and life goes on within you and without you..."
i assume that you, like 99% of everyone else, made this thread first without googling or doing any other sort of research yourself.

so go do that. dont use us as your personal search engine.

also, there are no pics.
Thank you for your kind reply Jim...

I did some google work, but the spec info seems pretty mysterious to be honest. Many conflicting views... It also doesn't help that the serial no is worn away...

I felt the need for some human opinion

Pics follow...
"Try to realize it's all within yourself, no one else can make you change. And to see you're really only very small, and life goes on within you and without you..."
Last edited by Atmarama at Jul 11, 2010,
Attached are the pics
Attachments:
Squire II a.jpg
Squire II b.jpg
yeah, i know. ive been a bit of a tool in the last few days. got alot on my plate.

you didnt have to double post. the pics are too small anyway. prolly not your fault, but anyway.

from reviews i've seen on the web, these things are great guitars. this coincides with the popular opinion that squiers were great guitars up into the early 90s. then they really started to crap out, but in the last few years they've been making a comeback.

just go ahead and get it. surely the price isnt too high for an old busted up squier. then you can make a restoration thread. i love squiers, and especially old squiers. dont see many old squier restoration threads in here.

personally i'd jump at the chance. i'd love to get ahold of an old squier.
i say get that baby!
even if something turns out bad you can put something newer/better in it since its allready in pieces
i mean this thing is just begging to be modded with a bit
Telecaster bass :
FINALLY PLAYABLE!
[x]body
[x]neck
[x]humbucker
[x]jazz pup
[x]split p pups
[x]hardware
[x]bridge
[x]pickguard
[ ]finish/paint
[x]wiring/electronics
Quote by lil PopTart kid
Ithe only way I'd ever see a squire as a good deal is if Someone paid YOU to take it off of their hands.

Like Jim said, Fender made some really good Squiers up into the 90s man. They're not bad guitars, especially to mod.
Quote by lil PopTart kid
Ithe only way I'd ever see a squire as a good deal is if Someone paid YOU to take it off of their hands.

brand-bashing is against the rules, you know.
Quote by Invader Jim
brand-bashing is against the rules, you know.

My apologies I was not aware the post has been removed.