Hey guys, I was just wondering if some of you guys could head over to my profile and give my singing a listen. I want to know what you guys think of it and more importantly how you think it could be improved (I'm not quite sure what I think of it, other than it can ofcourse be improved indefinately).

Thanks.
Nope, never had lessons, can't really afford them at the moment.
Does anyone have any criticisms? I need to know what other people think of my voice, because I'd like to improve my voice to get it to the point where it is pleasant to listen to.
You sound like Train :p work on your sustained notes...when you hold them out you tend to go nasal or not hit the right notes. Otherwise I wouldn't mind listening to your voice...pleasant enough. Not something to center around but definitely decent enough.
Quote by Mekchrious
You sound like Train :p work on your sustained notes...when you hold them out you tend to go nasal or not hit the right notes. Otherwise I wouldn't mind listening to your voice...pleasant enough. Not something to center around but definitely decent enough.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I figured those were problem but it is nice to have a little confirmation, so thanks again .
I think I can help. A little but of vibrato might help when sustaining a note because if you don't, your voice box might get hoarse. Vibratos help flex the muscles in the voice box. Secondly many amateurs tend to "hold back" when they sing, probably due to shyness. Your singing really suffers if you are holding back. You gotta sing without holding back. Sing with energy and spirit. First play and record the accompanying instrument(s) without singing. Use closed headphones for tracking and sing along with your karaoke track you've made (remember to record your vocals!). Mix it all down and master it. The vocals should not stick out of a track like a sore thumb (there can be great singers, but if the production suffers, then people can sometime have the impression he/she is an amateur). Also be sure to sing from your diaphragm.