Page 1 of 5
Yes, the pyramids. One of the wonders of the world.
3 years ago, they were closed off and now no one is allowed to climb up the main pyramid, or any of the other buildings really. I was there today, checking out the landscape.

I am not leaving without getting to the top of that pyramid. It's been my dream since I was a kid, literally since the first time I saw a picture of the pyramid of Chichen Itza. Chichen Itza, Machu Pichu, and Lhasa.

Anyway, it's really only a short trek, about half a kilometer through forest.

The only thing I'm worried about, snakes.

The locals call them four nose snakes, because apparently have 4 noses and are highly poisonous.

Anyway, any advice on sneaking up an ancient monument?

I really won't hurt it. I've done stuff like this before, just nothing like the great Chichen Itza.

Take only pictures, leave only footprints.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
It's a terrible idea to break laws in a country you're not a citizen of, without knowing the laws and penalties.

If you go through with it, then I'd recommend researching a little more than the kind of snakes in the area.
Yeah, it's not like its closed of for a reason or anything.
Check out my band Disturbed
Don't listen to these pussies, do it.

Just get a big stick and watch your step, you'll be alright.

No, but really, Mexican jail is probably pretty rough. I'd say go for it, but get a fatter, slower friend to do it with you.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah, it's not like its closed of for a reason or anything.

Stairs getting worn out. Thousands a people a day will do it, one more won't.

Yeah, mexican prison would suck. The sentence would be 2 days.

I'm really close. I don't want to leave this opportunity behind.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
the lizard people are gonna eat you, boy!
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I think they'll have guards standing around.
And if you get caught you're fucked.
From what I've heard you do not want to be locked up in Mexico.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
i think the very idea of you wanting to sneak up it is stupid... if you admire them why risk wrecking them? You ASSUME nothing will happen with only one person going on them... but if the stairs were the case they would only give access to the area up until the pyramid..

but seriously... your stupid for wanting to do this...
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by migueltherocker
Stairs getting worn out. Thousands a people a day will do it, one more won't.

Yeah, mexican prison would suck. The sentence would be 2 days.

I'm really close. I don't want to leave this opportunity behind.

Do you realize how many times you can be raped in 48 hours?
Quote by ehlert99
i think the very idea of you wanting to sneak up it is stupid... if you admire them why risk wrecking them? You ASSUME nothing will happen with only one person going on them... but if the stairs were the case they would only give access to the area up until the pyramid..

but seriously... your stupid for wanting to do this...

...that's exactly how it is. You can go right up to it, just not actually climb up because of them getting worn out from so many people climbing up them. And it's virtually impossible for it to collapse, as it's built on another pyramid. Which in turn was built on another pyramid. No hollow space inside.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Well, I'm going for it. Wish me luck guys.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Quote by migueltherocker
Well, I'm going for it. Wish me luck guys.

No. I honestly hope you get caught and fined/jailed. They aren't off-limits because the mexican government is trying to troll you.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
No. I honestly hope you get caught and fined/jailed. They aren't off-limits because the mexican government is trying to troll you.

This.
TS, you don't have any more entitlement to go up that pyramid than anyone else.
I really hope that:
1) you get caught and heavily fined
2) you get bitten by one of those snakes
3) you get your ass beaten by whoever catches you
4) you get raped so hard and so often you requite reconstructive surgery(at your own expoense) on your anus.

The world is not your playground. Realise this, and begin growing the f*ck up.

EDIT: I missed out 5) that the reason it's off-limits is because Charles Bishop Weyland has found and inadvertantly released the xenomorph queen that's been held captive in the basement.
Last edited by MightyAl at Jul 10, 2010,
TS made a quick decision of this. O.O

Don't be so hard on him though, he's probably lying anyway. Douche nozzles.
Hmmm... I would want someone going with me but I'm sure it'll be cool. You'll have a story to tell and hopefully pics to back it up if you don't get caught.
I, for one, wish you good luck. We all have dreams, some simple like eating a burger in one mouthful, some harder to reach like walking on the moon, and some so batshit insane that they demand some respect. TS is in the last category, and for that I wish you good luck, may your dreams be fulfilled and your days in prison be few.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
i'll be on the lookout for local news about some guy getting arrested trying to climb chichen itza!
Go Veg.
I'm glad you're going for it.

This is the fun kind of crazy...not the *ima hunt some azns* crazy.

Post pics please.
I hope you dont get arrested but if you do, buttplug.
wow, bunch of moms up in this bitch.

go for it TS. make sure you take pics that you can post here later.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Good luck man. The first-hand experience of witnessing such a monument is probably worth the prison and fine.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jul 10, 2010,
I don't neccessarily think it's a good idea, and I hope you know the risks, which it seems like you do.

Why are you all being dicks? Hoping he gets bit by a poisonous snake just to admire a pyramid? Hope he gets jailed and raped? That's ridiculous.

TS, I hope you prevail on your trek to Chichen Itza, take pictures, and live to tell the tale of how to snuck up to a off limits pyramid.

Seriously guys, it's a short trip to look at a pyramid. He's not sneaking around vandalizing or anything. Get over yourselves.

edit:
PLEASE wear a dark blue/black MorphSuit. That would be awesome.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 10, 2010,
Why make a thread only to show off how much of an idiot you are?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
This would be fairly easy I'd imagine. It's not going to have Jurassic Park style security. Electric Fences > Angry Mayan Gods.
It would be pretty unlucky if he manages to avoid the wrath of ancient gods and the security of a world heritage site only to be greeted by a rapist atop Chichen Itza's main pyramid. Not just any rapist, a rapist with a camera.

I was going to say weirder things have happened at Sea but on second thoughts weirder things have probably happened at Chichen Itza too.
Quote by Ignite

Hope he gets jailed and raped? That's ridiculous.

No one's hoping. That is guaranteed to happen.
Quote by migueltherocker

The only thing I'm worried about, snakes.

The locals call them four nose snakes, because apparently have 4 noses and are highly poisonous.

That sounds like a pit viper viper of some kind, distinguished by the presence of a heat-sensing pit organ located between the eye and the nostril on either side of the head, giving it the appearence of having four nostrils. Rattlesnakes are a type of pit viper, and as such, generaly give warning to any creature that comes too close, but unfortunately not all pit vipers are rattlesnakes with this obvious warning behaviour, so my advise is to make plenty of noise as you go through the undergrowth, this way the snakes should just clear the area in an attempt to keep out of your way.

Also, most snake bites are from ground striking snakes and occur in the area of the ankle, so wear sturdy boots that cover the ankle, and if you have to put your hands on the ground at any time, visualy check the ground where you are placing the hand first.
It may slow down your progress a bit, but better safe than sorry.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 10, 2010,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
That sounds like a pit viper viper of some kind, distinguished by the presence of a heat-sensing pit organ located between the eye and the nostril on either side of the head, giving it the appearence of having four nostrils. Rattlesnakes are a type of pit viper, and as such, generaly give warning to ay creature that comes too close, but unfortunately not all pit vipers are rattlesnakes with this obvious warning behaviour, so my advise is to make plenty of noise as you go through the undergrowth, this way the snakes should just clear the area in an attempt to keep out of your way.

This man has reached a terrifying level of correctness.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Heh, dunno why I didn't think of this before.

'Pit' vipers, vipers that inhabit 'The Pit'. Go for it, the worst that can happen is that one of them will report you to a mod.
Wait. Isn't the monument open? People can walk around the site but just can't climb the buildings.
and people call me stupid. I hope you look Mexican other wise your going to get Rodney Kinged
Last edited by needler420 at Jul 10, 2010,
Page 1 of 5