What chorus pedal is good for distortion? Especially of the Dokken/Ratt/Queensryche sort. Of the Boss pedals, only the rarer C2 seems worthwhile. Anyone had any experience of the cheaper Aria chorus pedal? Thanks.
The Boss CE-2 that you mentioned is great. if you can find a Rockman Stereo chorus or Chorus/Delay, that's pretty much unbeatable (it's a rackmount though, so if that's a problem. oh well.). and if you want for super cheap the DOD250 stereo Chorus is an epic chorus for that kind of sound for maybe 35 bucks
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Thanks. Isn't the DOD250 a distortion pedal? I have looked at their chorus pedals, though, and they seem quite kind for that 80s sparkle. Not opposed to rack gear (if I could afford it, the first thing I'd be getting would be an ADA-MP1), so will look into Rockman. Thanks.

Quote by Bostonrocks
The Boss CE-2 that you mentioned is great. if you can find a Rockman Stereo chorus or Chorus/Delay, that's pretty much unbeatable (it's a rackmount though, so if that's a problem. oh well.). and if you want for super cheap the DOD250 stereo Chorus is an epic chorus for that kind of sound for maybe 35 bucks
The Boss CE was pretty popular.

Definately save for an ADA MP-1 if you want 80's tone! It has a built in chorus but it's a bit crap.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Thanks for the tip. Sounds good. Will certainly try and track it down.

Quote by Way Cool JR.
I bought the MXR M-148 micro chorus 80's reissue, just for the 80's sound you are after. Let me tell you it is the perfect sound for all 80's metal, you can get the sweet 80's clean you here in a lot of ballads through a little delay and reverb on top and perfection . For distortion this thing kicks ass I love using it for all the great bands you stated and more. I could not find another pedal that sounded as good as this one all the others just didn't sound right. Either they added a little dirt to the cleans or did not respond to distortion well it's like they did one or the other well not both and they just did not have the right character for the 80's sound . The Micro Chorus does them both with great pristine and is specifically aimed at the 80's sound. It is an analog pedal & true hardwire Bypass it runs super quiet while on and your tone stays true with it on or off.

Forgot it gets that nice 80's sparkle you mentioned earlier But yeah I guess that is what it is made to do.
Everybody used either a Boss CE-2 or an Ibanez CS-9 in the 80's (or whatever the equivalent model of the day was). Personally I like the Boss but I owned an ibanez, both are fine pedals.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
MXR Stereo Chorus is the ultimate chorus. EVH has used one since the late 70s and the sounds he gets with it are perfect for 80s metal. Just listen to "Pretty Woman" or anything from the sammy hagar era to get an idea.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Mahagony - Cherry
Homemade EVH Black&White Frankenstrat
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466
Marshall 425B cab
EVH phase 90 + 117 Flanger, Dunlop Hendrix Fuzz Face + Crybaby 535Q, Boss DD-20, Hardwire Tube Overdrive