Okay, I'm going to Italy and the car trip is going to be over 10 hours long.

Luckily I recently bought a laptop car-charger and will be using my laptop to watch a bunch of movies.

My question is: Would it be quicker to download some movies (that I already have on dvd) or to rip the dvds?
Depends on your PC speed and your internet speed ofcourse. Ripping a DVD would take like 20-30 mins i guess, downloading depends on your speed and the chosen format. A Divx rip is only about 700mb, a full Dvd Rip is 4,7GB.

Probably faster to rip it, since then you don't have to go looking for a good downloadable movie.
If you own the DVDs why not just take them?
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
surely it's just quicker to take the dvds? then instead of waiting ~30mins to rip/dl them you can spend 30s putting them in your laptop?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Surely you have enough room for a multi-cd case?
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Quote by JohnnyV
Space limitations (in the car) i'm sure

Rip them all down

Buy one of those little disc wallet things. How much space could that take up. I'm just saying, there are other options. XD

To stay OT then yes ripping them would almost certainly be quicker unless you have crazy fast internet.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Buy your fukkn Movies like everyone should...okay maybe not movies the film industry is rich but buy records!
Quote by lukewrguitarfan
Buy your fukkn Movies like everyone should...okay maybe not movies the film industry is rich but buy records!

Quote by thedefrockednun

My question is: Would it be quicker to download some movies (that I already have on dvd) or to rip the dvds?

Quote by lukewrguitarfan

It's fun to read!
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It takes a special kind of moronic douchebag to give a self-righteous lecture about how you should buy the DVD's, without actually bothering to read the part where the OP says he already has the DVD's and can't take them with him. Congratulations, lukewrguitarfan!

To answer the OP, it's much quicker to rip them in my experience.
Ripping would only take about 20 minutes for just the movie file and be higher quality than a download that could take a long time depending on its popularity.
Both, at the same time. Multitasking ftw.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by lukewrguitarfan

Read first post please.
Quote by drumwolf
It takes a special kind of moronic douchebag to give a self-righteous lecture about how you should buy the DVD's, without actually bothering to read the part where the OP says he already has the DVD's and can't take them with him. Congratulations, lukewrguitarfan!

To answer the OP, it's much quicker to rip them in my experience.

Okay first: it was fun. I was joking ...and second: I said you shouldn't even buy any DVD but should buy records... So I think that you should first read a statement before answering and talking such bull****

and btw I didn't mean the OP I meant all those guys that are writing how to download films because most of them (not without a doubt but probably) only download the movies they watch and do not buy them and that's the reason I wrote what I wrote...man......

and I don't understand why everyones complaining so much...I put this behind it
Last edited by lukewrguitarfan at Jul 13, 2010,
Quote by lukewrguitarfan

lukewrguitarfan, taking idiocy to a new level.
Quote by lukewrguitarfan
Okay first: it was fun. I was joking ...and second: I said you shouldn't even buy any DVD but should buy records... So I think that you should first read a statement before answering and talking such bull****

and btw I didn't mean the OP I meant all those guys that are writing how to download films because most of them (not without a doubt but probably) only download the movies they watch and do not buy them and that's the reason I wrote what I wrote...man......

and I don't understand why everyones complaining so much...I put this behind it

Not everyone has [insert price of dvd/blu-ray] every week to buy some movie that's probably shitty.
Quote by StormLexer
Not everyone has [insert price of dvd/blu-ray] every week to buy some movie that's probably shitty.

It still was a joke man
Quote by lukewrguitarfan
It still was a joke man

I love how lukewrguitarfan totally got anally destroyed by most everyone in this thread, but claims that it was a joke all along so that way he feels like he still has a small amount of structural integrity left in this online forum that no one knows him on.

Congrats. Congradufuckinglations.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.